• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Injectors are out

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
All of them ohm'd out at 12.0-12.4 Plugs looked ok, some wires look a bit bent up at the injector plug but nothing nuts. Sure hope I dont have a bad wire to chase down. That'll SUCK.

37196_1636954810742_1442902727_1681502_3196731_n.jpg

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I'm still betting it IS an injector. The car ran fine for months and suddenly developed this intermittent issue... ALL the ignition was replaced... so I know that's not it. What else is left?

AIR? I think not. I'm ramming a metric shit ton of air into it. It actually gets to be less of a problem with less boost.

SPARK? Nope, replaced EVERYTHING and tried working on gap too. No change. Took the 2 step out, no change.

FUEL? Fuel pressure stays constant when this occurs. I've swapped my primary and secondary pumps to see if that changed it. Nothing. Last thing is the injectors as far as I can tell.

Just sucks.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I totally understand the frustration. You remember that my car didn't run well for two years because of an ignition problem. After spending $400, we figured it was either the dirty MAF, dirty filter, or coils. I imagine you've already checked all that nonsense.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info