• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

looking towards a c6

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
would I be money ahead to go with an 08' or 09' with the ls3, or spend 6 or 7k less and get one with the ls2, either way its just geting headers exhaust a cam cai and tune. I dont know alot about the lsx's and didnt know how much more power the ls3's make with similar mods

Brett

LS3's make A LOT MORE power than the LS2, especially if a cam is going in there. Do yourself and get the LS3. It will hold its value better anyways.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Definitely get the ls3, you will be kicking yourself later if you dont. It would be a different story if you were going to rip the thing apart and put a motor in it, etc., but cam only ls3 is the way to go.

You need all the bolt on parts with the ls2, to keep up with the ls3 stock. The cost of that doesnt quite make up the difference in price between the cars, but you get a much better starting point.

Slolane

Who's The Masta!?!
Mar 27, 2009
Hoffman Estates
Definitely get the LS3

Didn't know the 06 Z06's came with 3LZ option.

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/2009-chevrolet-corvette-2dr-cpe-z06-w-3lz.htm

scroll down and it shows all the trims for the C6s
:bigthumb:

edit: i think your right strobin..gm decided 3lz came out in 08..but its basicly the same thing as the 4LT for the 06s ..why they did that i have no idea..my dad's has all the bells and whistles as a 08 "3LZ" does..(heated seats,2 tone leather, navi touch screen etc.)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info