• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Hennessey's HPE1000 Camaro puts down some serious numbers

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
fucking fuck :rofl:

(jump to around 1:40)

This time, Hennessey has fed the twin-turbocharged, 427-cubic-inch (7.0-liter) V8 some C16 race fuel (octane rating: 117), cranked the boost up to 20 psi and loaded up a special engine map. We should note that running said map on your own Hennessey'd Camaro would disqualify you from Henessey's customary 1-year/12,000-mile warranty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=598P26HZMGM

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I agree, past 140-ish will all the power be used :dunno: under that it's going to be a tire smoking nightmare. However, insane effing numbers, very impressive. Funny how only 21psi gets that big of a motor to make 1000+whp :rofl:

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
why does everyone say that none of it won't be put to the ground...

stock 5th genners are creepin into mid 12s with practice with 110 and up trap speeds.

BMR keeps knockin out new products as far as rear diff cradles and theres already been 1000+hp proven axle shafts.

anyone that can affor da hennessey camaro can afford that shit as well....and they mandate a auto trans rebuild and manual trans clutch that can deal with the power

i don't like 5th gens at all..not my style...but for them only being out for ~2 years...they have gained ALOT in terms of performance and aftermarket following. It took the 4th gen fbodies about 5-6 years to get the same kind of product availability. its only gonna get better

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I don't doubt it's ability to handle that power without breaking. It's putting it to the ground via those wheels/tires that's not going to happen and I'm guessing what people are doubting.

Easy to say, "well, put different wheels/tires on it", but I doubt people who buy that package will solely be drag racing, and any tire meant to hook that power at the track won't last long on the street where most of these will likely be driven.

Don't know about Hennessey, but Lingenfelter's warranty on their engine packages is voided if you take it to a track unless it's a Lingenfelter track day or approved event.

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
I don't doubt it's ability to handle that power without breaking. It's putting it to the ground via those wheels/tires that's not going to happen and I'm guessing what people are doubting.

Easy to say, "well, put different wheels/tires on it", but I doubt people who buy that package will solely be drag racing, and any tire meant to hook that power at the track won't last long on the street where most of these will likely be driven.

Don't know about Hennessey, but Lingenfelter's warranty on their engine packages is voided if you take it to a track unless it's a Lingenfelter track day or approved event.

ahh i understand :) thanks for the correction!

yeah that wheel/tire (and prolly whole suspension setup) isn't going to be the greatest at the track...but i'm sure it can do pretty decent!

T

thom000001

I know my little motor with 801rwhp has trouble with traction on a 305 tire out back.

Gotta look up full specs on that setup (can't see vid at work).

But like said, power is the easy part (especially on a 427ci motor), its using it thats important.

I remember Jim's yellow TT C6 Z06.....that thing would lay rubber from 80mph on, on the highway....he had to do the boost/gear to make it controllable.

Tom

T

thom000001

/\/\/\

I agree. I ran a true street tire for a few months, would roast them at 80+ as well (short rear-gear, hard rubber, lotsa sudden tq)......was cool maybe 2 times lol...

And where your car may track straight doing a burnout at 3-5mph, and is somewhat controllable......at 80+ mph it NEVER goes straight and snaps back BAD, not fun.

Tom

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info