• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Cam and Cut Out?

JDHedman

" The Remote Start Guy "
Jun 5, 2009
Algonquin
I would think you will do fine without it. the cut out will make it louder and more aggressive but I don't think it is necessary but I have already told you that. that said I think you will still get one just so you can open it and get more looks, since you love the attention and all ;)

tmbutitta

TCG Elite Member
Feb 16, 2010
Rockford
i bought some for mine, and was going to have them installed when i backed out last minute and returned them... i always seem to hear about problems with them sticking.

but i still wish i had a set..

you probably dont "need" them, and i doubt you would gain much- but they are just fun to have

if the cost is right, get them..

tmbutitta

TCG Elite Member
Feb 16, 2010
Rockford
noise = attention

in my opinion thats why most people mod their car.. some do it for themselves, but most like attention...

look at all the cars with body kits running around! there is no reason for that except looks.. which its very rare that you see one that actually looks good

so id rather get attention from cutouts since they have multiple benifits- like increased horse power no matter how small it is, and BA sound..

DTB_LS1

REAL RACECARS HAVE THREE PEDALS
Sep 18, 2009
Ottawa, IL
the sound of it leaking it enough reason why id never get one again. :hs:

I don't know Mook I think LS1 cars with uncapped exhaust sound preety damn good!!! :smile:

Example: I might be a little bias though since this happens to be my car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WnpciXAkss

To the original poster, a cut-out might not be necessary for your setup but it won't hurt either and they sure are alot of fun!!! :smile:

modern-muscle

Regular
Nov 18, 2008
Amy I would say if you want to draw a bit more attention then go for it. You are really not going to see a big difference in power with cutouts. If you were to go with cutouts I would say DMH low profile cutouts would be your best bet without risk of leaking. We make a soft metal gasket that seals up great with the DMH cutouts. And even now they give a liquid gasket that works great too.

DMH also will rebuild your shit for free if anything goes wrong, you just have to pay for shipping.

Main idea you need to keep in mind is cutouts are more aesthetics, I am 100% you are going to be thrilled with the way it sounds after the cam! If you want more after the cam then we can add from there.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
i had LTs ORY and electric cutout done @ once because I wanted the car to be loud.
yes, fresh install you can hear the cutout leaking
i enjoyed the nascar like sound @ WOT but once I installed the cam it sounded like a dump truck with it open. so i changed my setup to eliminate the cutout.

i suggest keeping your exhaust setup or going with the X pipe and dumps.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I don't know Mook I think LS1 cars with uncapped exhaust sound preety damn good!!! :smile:

Example: I might be a little bias though since this happens to be my car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WnpciXAkss

To the original poster, a cut-out might not be necessary for your setup but it won't hurt either and they sure are alot of fun!!! :smile:

oh they sound great, i just meant once they start to leak and u have to hear that at idle, it ruins the fun.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info