• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Going the n2o route with the T/A

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
I should be picking up the t/a sometime this week. Hopefully tuesday.

After thinking it through for a while I decided I'm just going to go with nitrous for the time being. A) to save money and B) I've never had a nitrous car and I can do it for cheap and always wanted one.

So I started making a parts list for the car.
It's already close to where I want it, but there are a few tweaks I need to get it right.
Right now as the car sits it is already faster than my stang was so I'm happy with it and some spray

Cars current mod list:
Pacesetter LT's
Pacesetter off roat y-pipe
Magnaflow cat-back
SLP cold air induction

This is all comming with the car but not installed or I have already

B&M shift kit
eibach lowering springs
new headlights.
Double-din
10in sub

On the list to buy
stall
tint
some switches for the n2o/heater/opener/purge
electric cut-outs

Any recommendations on a stall. Or anything else to add to the list that I should do?

I'm gettin anxious already

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
The car already has longtubes, slp induction kit, off road y-pipe and magnaflow cat-back.

It's going to see probably 8k miles a year. And the track 2-3 times a year.
Just looking for a fun weekend/ car show cruiser and not be terrible to take places.
I just cant justify spending 4.5k on a FI setup right now

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
it's already setup for a shot then. :)

as for a stall, 3600 is a fun number. make sure you add a trans cooler to that list!

3600 huh
Seems a little high for driving quite a bit. Maybe not though. I've never had a stalled car. If I could pull that off and be able to drive it fine all the time then it may happen.
A cooler was actually gonna be on the list, but I forgot

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
The car already has longtubes, slp induction kit, off road y-pipe and magnaflow cat-back.

It's going to see probably 8k miles a year. And the track 2-3 times a year.
Just looking for a fun weekend/ car show cruiser and not be terrible to take places.
I just cant justify spending 4.5k on a FI setup right now

If you can FI a LS1 for 4.5k, please start selling kits to the world... cuz you'll be selling 1,000,000 of those! :D I'd count on quite a bit more than that.

it's already setup for a shot then. :)

as for a stall, 3600 is a fun number. make sure you add a trans cooler to that list!

:werd: Bru and I both have 3600's in our cars. It's not bad at all on the street. The COOLER is a must.

3600 huh
Seems a little high for driving quite a bit. Maybe not though. I've never had a stalled car. If I could pull that off and be able to drive it fine all the time then it may happen.
A cooler was actually gonna be on the list, but I forgot

Stall it! It really makes a big difference.

Call Yank and ask about streetability of their converters.

As long as the lockup is set to where you want it, you shouldn't have any problems. I've got a bigger stall than 3600 and cruising around is fine.

:werd: :h5:

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
I'd sell the eibachs unless you're just going for looks. Call up Sam Strano and order his kit. You will not be disappointed.

Honestly it is going to be more of a car that I care about looks and cruising than actual 1/4 mile time. If it traps good and is fun on the street, that's more of my goal. But if the strano springs are better and still lower the car I may do that. Just cant stand how 4x4 it is right now.

I guess I'll be calling yank sometime soon. Any Idea how much their street converts run? I just need to know what I'll be spending lol

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
I would imagine spray will be hard on the trans and rear end. I mean, any FI will of course do that but spray seems like more of a shock on the drivetrain.

I know what you mean, but I really don't plan on running a big shot like 150-175
More like a 100-125 and it wont have slicks till next year most likely so I don't plan on dead hooking having the rear crap out on me.

But we all know how that goes, if it breaks I guess it'll get re-built :s00ls:

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
The rear end will be fine through an auto w/a 150 shot.

The trans on the other hand... :hsugh: might not be.

Just like any other car, I guess its just a test of time. I see people run shots like that and be fine for quite a while and some that go on the first spray. All I can do is hope for the best and start looking into a re-build.

Yank ftw on the stall! Ls1 tech has people dd'ing 3600 stall cars with no issues! You will see most gains from a stall in a a4. 100 shot should be fine on your rearend but as stated before the tranny may start to slip if you use it enough. Take into account the tune as well for the spray and also the fail safe switches like wot,window,fpss,etc..... The more you have te better you feel. You will be happiest with the stall over any mod tho for sure,it will take that shitty 1.9 60' to a nice 1.6! Enjoy the T/A

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
Dont get a B&M Shiftkti get a TRANSGO if your going to get one, also on the stall go bigger then you originally plan because it wont be big enough. If your going to spray the car i'd highely recommend a Yank SS4000 its nice and decently tight on the street, can do motor and takes the spray like a champ. I was DD'ing and still street drive my T/A with a Yank PT4400 stall and its fine. For the people who cry about their 3600's stalls I dont understand. I will glady let you drive my car so you can see what in other peoples opinions is a "super loose race only stall" Just let me know. As for everything else you have planned sounds good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info