• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

F-body "lift kit"

G

Gundlach9

I'm looking for a 1.5-2" drop, so I'll need springs and shocks. Right now I'm leaning towards Eibach prokit and Bilstein revalved shocks. I've read that Eibach sportlines are too low for F-bodies - can anyone confirm this? Any reported issues with scrapping? Also, I understand an alignment and panhard bar are necessary with the drop. The alignment makes sense, but do I also need a panhard? If so, I should look to get the adjustable one, yes? Drop some knowledge on me!

imp0rted1

resident subaru bag
Apr 20, 2010
sic three oh
153915d1226624955-eibach-sportlines-nbm-trans-am-transambefore.jpg

i3cmrr.jpg

yes i used to drive a honda so there isnt anything that considered too low. but then again i wasnt making 400+ whp

TransHed

Navy Seabee
Sep 3, 2009
Plainfield, IL
I dropped mine with DMS springs and Bilstien shocks. I also used a UMI single adjustable panhard rod.

Before:
Solo_Raptor.jpg

After:
Lowered_Side_2.jpg

It was a signicant drop in the front and enough to line up the rear fender with the rear tires in the back. You learn to adjust your driving around train tracks, speed bumps and higher curbs. Everywhere that you would be scrapping the bottom of your car.. you shouldnt be going that fast around anyways lol.

G

Gundlach9

he said he wants to know more

are you wanting to know more about the build? intentions for progressive drop kit? daily driving habits?

Car is 1999 TA with the mods listed in the sig; I'm looking to get either Eibach prokit or Strano springs with Bilstein shocks (or Konis); I'm going for a lowered appearance as opposed to setting up a suspension combo that will upset the local autocross crowd; I'm trying to determine if I will need a panhard bar, sway bar or anything else besides an alignment after install of the springs/shocks combination for unaffected driving.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
i have koni adjustables with strano springs on mine. its about a 1.2-1.5 inch drop really but i think it sits just right. not too low, but still sits alot lower than stock. i love the setup. i went with it after reading about it and talking to sam at strano. i got everything from him. its not a real cheap setup by any means, but it was well worth the money. its not a setup for drag racing as much, but it will still work with some adjusting. its more of a street/twisties setup. if you look into them, look at the ones that allow adjustment on the car. the lower end ones require you to remove them from the car in order to adjust. i have the on car adjustement, simple as pull the back seat forward a few inches and turning the knob on top the shock mount.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info