• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Going back to the dark side

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
Sometime soon here hopefully in the next 2-3 weeks I plan on buying my cousins 01 trans am. He was on here for a while so I'll find his thread so I can show the car.

Link to the thread with car pics/info
http://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31378&highlight=trans

Needless to say I'm somewhat excited to get back into an f-body. And I already have plans for it.
Right now it has the slp induction kit, pacesetter longtube/off-road y pipe and magnaflow cat-back. The car was bone stock when he bought it and he barely ever gets on it and has only been to the track one time so I know its in great shape.

Went 12.7 at 109 first time out. stock gear. street tire etc.

I still have my procharger kit from my GT and I need to start piecing together the rest of the kit for it.
I think the only 2 things I can re-use are the bypass valve and head unit.

I don't plan on re-doing the bottom end so I'm not going huge with it, but with the bolt-on's and some boost it should be quite a bit more than the stang was so I'll be happy.

1FastWS6

Slow and only getting Slower...
Jun 20, 2007
nice man, i saw your post on ls1tech. just go with the twin intercooler setup, you can find them pretty darn cheap on craigslist, thats direct bolt on and will fill the needs for power no problem at all. :) this is the route im going right now till i save for next years motor/trans/rearend setup.

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
nice man, i saw your post on ls1tech. just go with the twin intercooler setup, you can find them pretty darn cheap on craigslist, thats direct bolt on and will fill the needs for power no problem at all. :) this is the route im going right now till i save for next years motor/trans/rearend setup.

I'm actually having a hard time figuring out all the pieces I'm gonna need for it, hardware brackets piping etc. And the info on anything being re-located. If you could PM me a list of what you have etc. I'd appreciate it a lot.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
41_07_9---Wrong-Way-Road-Traffic-Sign_web.jpg

j/k congrats!

1FastWS6

Slow and only getting Slower...
Jun 20, 2007
Aster on LS1tech hit it right on the head for ya.

My kit is the D1sc polished unit with the 4.5 twin intercoolers and polished plenum, with upgraded race valve(bov) 60lb seimens injectors, the whole shabang needed to bolt on and run. So I hope the list he tossed you helps because it sounds like alot but theres people that are upgrading so now is the time to snag the pieces off them. But you are in the same boat as me right now for starting off, you will enjoy it! Im stoked to get my car in to straightlines shop in the next couple days.

The other thing, is your blower the right rotation for the f-body? Just curious as I dont want you to snag all the parts then be like :fu: cuz its setup wrong. also make sure you go with the 8 rib setup right out of the bag, because having to remove all that to swap over is just a hassle you dont want to go through. do it all once and be done. if you have questions just ask. :)

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
Aster on LS1tech hit it right on the head for ya.

My kit is the D1sc polished unit with the 4.5 twin intercoolers and polished plenum, with upgraded race valve(bov) 60lb seimens injectors, the whole shabang needed to bolt on and run. So I hope the list he tossed you helps because it sounds like alot but theres people that are upgrading so now is the time to snag the pieces off them. But you are in the same boat as me right now for starting off, you will enjoy it! Im stoked to get my car in to straightlines shop in the next couple days.

The other thing, is your blower the right rotation for the f-body? Just curious as I dont want you to snag all the parts then be like :fu: cuz its setup wrong. also make sure you go with the 8 rib setup right out of the bag, because having to remove all that to swap over is just a hassle you dont want to go through. do it all once and be done. if you have questions just ask. :)

:fu:
Did not even think about the rotation. They're mounted backwards on f-body's aren't they? I may just try and sell the kit I have as a whole then and just buy a complete used D-1 kit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info