• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

My buddies "new" Camaro Z28

So my buddy has wanted and LS1 for a long time and finally found one that was worth buying. It's a black Z28 with only 67k miles on it. California car, and he got it for a steal. It is insanely clean, inside, outside and underneath. The guy said it had a bad clutch but it turned out that the problem was the clutch master cylinder, or at least we are 99% sure that it is. So yesterday he went ahead and ordered a tick adjustable clutch master cylinder. That should be here in a few days and we'll put it in and hope for the best. Other than that, it runs great. He probably will be putting on full bolt ons this summer and I think eventually he's going to put in a cam. Anyways on to the pics, sorry they're cell phone pics but they get the job done.

After just claybar:
camaro1.jpg

camaro2.jpg

After pink wax, polish and NXT:
camaro3.jpg

camaro4.jpg

camaro5.jpg

And for the hell of it, his daily driver, "the stroke":
thestroke.jpg

please go over your detailing process again..... pink wax.... then polish....then nxt ?

I've been reading up on pink wax and it's more of a mix between claybar/polish than it is a top coat wax. Kinda like those 3 in 1 waxes you can buy from meguiars that are paint cleaner/polish/wax all in one. Nearly everybody I've talked to recommends not using it as a finishing coat and we just decided to throw some polish in after it to see what happened and it turned out pretty good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info