• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

How bout more stuff? My To Do list for 2010

1FastWS6

Slow and only getting Slower...
Jun 20, 2007
How bout more stuff? My To Do list for 2010 *update 6/7*

Well damn.. the mod list just never quits. My buddy just gave me a call and said he has a brand new wilwood 6 piston brake kit and a polished MTI throttle body. I couldn't pass this up at all. So as it sits this is the following setup for the summer.

Procharger polished D1SC 8 rib kit
60lb Siemens injectors
ATI 8 rib harmonic balancer
Kooks 2" headers
MTI polished Throttle Body
Wilwood 6 piston brake kit (front and rears)
Fikse FM10's 17x9 in front 17x12 in the rear
Still deciding on front tires but Hoosier 335's in the rear
Poly motor mounts
Re-Tint the car for Limo all around

I am trying to look for a nice rear end setup as I don't know how strong they are on these cars at all.. Also a solid suspension setup as it is like a 4x4 right now.. :angrys00ls: Well maybe I can actually compete with some of the big dogs this year! :pedobear:

Last edited:

1FastWS6

Jun 20, 2007
Some eye candy.

DSC_5606-1.jpg

P4270068.jpg

P4270078.jpg

1FastWS6

Jun 20, 2007
Well I called procharger and asked if i can exchange my basic blow off valve they had for the big red race valve. Well this is what shows up today!

DSCN1733.jpg

DSCN1734.jpg

Also my wheels are in the process of being made, so I am waiting on those.. and the car goes into straightline on june 3rd!

G

Gundlach9

Not that a procharged TA isn't incredible, but imagine having forced induction with better breathing. Like Riski said, throw heads and cam at this thing, and hold on. TFS 215s and a nice blower cam, and you're at 600+whp. I wish this was my build! Enjoy

1FastWS6

Jun 20, 2007
yeah.. I dont really feel like blowing up my motor.. or the rearend. So it was a toss up between heads and cam or blower, so obviously I went with the better deal. :) Either way this car is going to move out. Just going one step at a time, still in college full time and cranking 2 part time jobs so I can atleast have some fun. So maybe next year I can setup a nice FI motor or something.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I've got a Moser 9" with the back brace, 31 spline Moser axles, a trutrac and 4.00:1 gears right now. It's no secret that mine whines. I took it apart last year 5 times and swapped gears, carriers, bearings, HOUSINGS, everything possible and STILL got whine within 1000mi or less.

I think some amount of whine is just a fact of life.

As for which diff to use, the S60 will hold the power you're looking to attain, it'll be lighter than most 9" setups and will offer less parasitic loss than a 9" would. So...

Yea.

1FastWS6

Jun 20, 2007
I dropped the car off today.. what a great feeling.. and the shop looks awesome, they were in the process of dynoing a 416 C6 vette, that thing sounded mean. I also decided to go with 2" kooks headers so my TTS longtubes will be up for sale soon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info