• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Few more questions.

1FastWS6

Slow and only getting Slower...
Jun 20, 2007
I picked up a new toy for the car, and was wondering what injectors are good. (brand wise) and also an inline fuel pump.

Is Siemens good? never really heard anything about them but Speed Inc says they had them reach 700-800whp.

Also for the inline fuel pump Bosch? Walbro?

And finally do a lot of people go with fuel rails or is it just a cleaner look?

Thanks in advance.

utryd2

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 3, 2009
North Aurora
Seimens are good injectors. Ive got 60 lbers in my car and no issues. What power level you looking to be at or take it up to? If you lookng to stay around 600-650 rwhp an inline isn't needed. You can run a racetronix pump (walbro 255 in tank) and kb bap. If you want to go inline (cheaper than dual intank setups but perform just as well) I've got a new inline walbro 255 I'm not using at the moment. You can have it for what I paid for it.

madscientist

i got the block
Jun 12, 2007
THE UNIT
Seimens are good injectors. Ive got 60 lbers in my car and no issues. What power level you looking to be at or take it up to? If you lookng to stay around 600-650 rwhp an inline isn't needed. You can run a racetronix pump (walbro 255 in tank) and kb bap. If you want to go inline (cheaper than dual intank setups but perform just as well) I've got a new inline walbro 255 I'm not using at the moment. You can have it for what I paid for it.

what size fittings are on that pump?

utryd2

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 3, 2009
North Aurora
They are the standard barb fittings that come with it but you would want to buy an fittings that will match what size line your gonna use(-6,-8,-10 etc). I don't recall the exact size but all fitting companys have em listed as -8 inline pump fittings.

Don't know who told you unlined were garbage??? Prob someone trying to sell an uber expensive dual intank lol. High hp fuel systems are expensive! Trust me I've done my homework and if it was junk it wouldn't go on my car. More people are running unlined than dual intank setups. One benefit is if you ever have a pump failure you don't have to drop the tank. Same pumps (walbro 255, or Bosch) just one is setup for in the tank and the other is outside. I think that was a selling pitch that's all. There will be pros and cons for every thing you do. My .02

Whats the new toy? Thats what I want to know!

Siemens injectors are good stuff. 80#ers here.

DO YOUR RESEARCH on the fuel system before you just start buying stuff. Size it according to the HP goals you have in mind and do it ONCE.

agreed^^^ and I'm wondering the same thing? Also off subject but eagle have you finished and tuned the bird yet? We have never met but I hope to see this bird someday... I'm wanting to go turbo in a few years and I really wanna see some numbers and hear this beast!

1FastWS6

Jun 20, 2007
A shiny new whistling type of toy.
P4270068.jpg

P4270078.jpg

I am pretty much done for this year. D1sc Procharger kit, new Kooks 1 7/8 headers and custom fikse wheels. For now im tossing this on stock motor at lowest boost possible. next year is when I will get into the engine/rearend/trans stuff. I want to start off at 450-500whp and work my way up gradually but the right way. I'm coming for you Eagle! lol

1FastWS6

Jun 20, 2007
I brought the kit home today.. holy smokes the blower is pretty damn big. never seen one up close and the intercoolers are monsters as well but weigh literally nothing. I just have to snag the ATI balancer (8 rib) figure out the fuel pump, and I want to upgrade to the "Big Red" BOV from procharger as well. Who is up for an install at my place with beer included! :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info