• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

pull the motor or drop the k member?

JDHedman

" The Remote Start Guy "
Jun 5, 2009
Algonquin
I probbally mis-understood. I will have to talk with them more tommorrow when I pick it up.
but ya I would replace the bearing in the car. Guess It might me easier to pull the motor and put it on a stand. Idk. thats why I was asking. thanks for the helpful info and insight bud Very RAD lol

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
was told that it is probbaly a loose connecting rod bolt.

so would it be eaisier to pull the motor out of the car of just drop the k member?

doing this tommorrow and ordering parts. I will be at track day in my pile :rant2:

oh and if anyone feels like helpin out tommorrow night there will be beer on tap.

who told u that its "probably" a loose connecting rod bolt? id exhaust all other options before pulling the motor/dropping the K member

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I guess you could drop the pan and double check all rod bolts are torqued to spec. A guy at work had sludging issues on his lq4 in his truck. It was making some lifter ticking hardcore. Dropped the pan, cleaned pickup tube and pan and put it back together and it went away :dunno:

JDHedman

" The Remote Start Guy "
Jun 5, 2009
Algonquin
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info