• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

What is wrong with my 2002 Camaro Z28 ?

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
OUCH. That's a BAD sound. You need to pull that engine and stop running it before you turn the entire thing into garbage.... you for sure have material in your oil with a noise that bad. Every time you turn the key between now and the time the motor comes out of the car you're only hurting it worse.

Sorry to hear man :(

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Not to bash Joel here or anything, but after fixing a spun bearing in a 54k LS1 2 summers back... that sound is WAY more significant and solid sounding than the bearing noise I had.

It's really hard to tell from a video of course, the mic might just be picking up the noise and making it louder than it really is? :hsugh:

I'd just start tearing it down until you find the issue... but I'm guessing its in the short block.

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
Sounds good to me, kind of sounds like one of those toy hand drums when your rev it going really fast.
ca20ce7be51052a2a629a3b237d1268e.jpg

All joking aside, i'd stop driving/starting it and tear it down. I'm with Eagle deftinally sounds serious.

modern-muscle

Regular
Nov 18, 2008
There is some good advice in here... A quick start would be to drain the oil and see what you have in there. Then take the valve covers off and see what you got cooken in there. The cost all depends on what you want to replace it with. It also depends if its in the short block. If you havent scored the cylinder walls then it shouldnt be toooooo bad. Call us if you need help! A leak down test would also help you figure out whats goin on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info