• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

2000 Z28 Fog Lamp

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
So, my driver side fog lamp has been out the whole winter and decided to change it now, I never bothered because the car looked like shit with the dirt and salt all over it... Anyway, I went in there to replace the bulb and noticed that not only was the bulb broken, but the whole thing was corroded to hell. Not only that the one of the two prongs connected to the bulb assembly broke off and was wedged into fog lamp connector attached to the car. my buddy came over to see(Transmaxed) and tried to dig it out. The thing in there was so corroded that it litterally dug out like using a shovel to dig out dirt. We just kept picking at it until we hit the bottom and sure enough after a little while the new bulb went in and it worked.

So, yea I need a new Fog Lamp assembly, Im sure my old one is broken and water is getting into it or something. Anyone got one I can buy?

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Don't bother. Water got in there and corroded it, water will get in there again and destroy the light. Happened on my SS, we tried everything, even caulking the seal to keep water out of there, but it always found a way, so I just never ran the car with the fogs on. It sucks, cause the fogs add a lot to the front of a Camaro.

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
Don't bother. Water got in there and corroded it, water will get in there again and destroy the light. Happened on my SS, we tried everything, even caulking the seal to keep water out of there, but it always found a way, so I just never ran the car with the fogs on. It sucks, cause the fogs add a lot to the front of a Camaro.

Even replacing it and getting a new one doesn't work? My passenger side one works flawlessly so I figured I just had a bad one.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Even replacing it and getting a new one doesn't work? My passenger side one works flawlessly so I figured I just had a bad one.

We replaced the fog light, sealed up the closure with caulk and it worked for about a month, and then boom, went out again, opened it up and everything was wet. I had the opposite problem, driver side was fine, still had the OEM bulb in there from when I bought it 10 years ago, the passenger side was fucked and corroded. You can try, it will work at first, but the water will get back in there again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info