• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Best LS tuner in illinois

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
What mods done to the car? Id say if its FI goto Speed INC, they probably have the most experienced with that. I also hear nothing but good things about 262. IIRC he tuned Jareds truck and they drove around for like half the day street tuning, he also has a portable wideband for WOT. I really do not know how a shop can throw a car on a dyno and make a few pulls and call it a "tune".

B

Bad00SS

who is the best ls tuner preferably using hptuner in illinois, was planing when the time came going to flp

If dan still works for FLP. see him. he tuned my car years ago and it wasnt too hard to go 10's and then get on the road and drive 2,500 miles on hotrod power tour with the a/c blasting. I was impressed at the power he got out of my car with perfect streetabillity.

What mods done to the car? Id say if its FI goto Speed INC, they probably have the most experienced with that. I also hear nothing but good things about 262. IIRC he tuned Jareds truck and they drove around for like half the day street tuning, he also has a portable wideband for WOT. I really do not know how a shop can throw a car on a dyno and make a few pulls and call it a "tune".
just longtubes, catted x, and intake on a c5z, I dont even have the car yet but should be getting one in the next 2 months and getting those mods right away

B

Bad00SS

I really do not know how a shop can throw a car on a dyno and make a few pulls and call it a "tune".

hes an example with my car. not tryin to bash Jim at speed but heres the facts.

Jim tuned my car cam only. I was at the shop waiting. he made 3 pulls on the dyno and drove it around the block. made decent power drove pretty good. took less than an hour. average results. car made more power and never blew up.

The next year I put a new intake manifold on the car and figured i'd re-tune it. Dan tuned my car, who currently works for Finish Line Performance still I belive. it took him 8 hours to tune it while i hung out in the shop with him. 5-6 pulls on the dyno on motor, another 5-6 pulls on spray. used the whole bottle had to put in another full one. took the car on a 20-30 min drive around town messing with streetabillity charicteristics like turning the A/C on and not having the idle surge which i had problems with before. I got the car back after they were ready to close and it had better throttle response than before, seemed smoother power in every gear and the overall streetabillity was majorly improved. the dyno numbers were incredible. theres nothing bad to say about Dan's tuning capabillities.

modern-muscle

Regular
Nov 18, 2008
Give us a call, Justin our tuner has been doing this for a very long time. If you have any questions feel free to give me a call at (630) 898-5933. Everyone has there opinions on who is the best, way to approach it is to take a look at the work that has come out of the shop. Feel free to stop in and check us out, we'll show you around!

BoostedK20

Cool story bro, I make dinosaurs.
Feb 16, 2010

Speed for sure if your goin FI, case in point is our TT GTO. Larry is very helpful whenever I see him in person. Ive met the Modern guys as well and the seem like good people, I hear nothing but good things from people who have had their cars there. Brads car is sick, FLP knows their shit as well.

Just dont go to Corey Simpson performance.

tmbutitta

TCG Elite Member
Feb 16, 2010
Rockford
Speed for sure if your goin FI, case in point is our TT GTO. Larry is very helpful whenever I see him in person. Ive met the Modern guys as well and the seem like good people, I hear nothing but good things from people who have had their cars there. Brads car is sick, FLP knows their shit as well.

Just dont go to Corey Simpson performance.

ditto

Modern muscle has the cleanest shop i have ever seen, and they do some nice work... but all of my experience is with speed inc. I went to them because of their FI reputation, and they blew me away..

BoostedK20

Cool story bro, I make dinosaurs.
Feb 16, 2010
modern muscle: do you have any pics of that orange (i believe it was) 30's hotrod? i just remember that i was with hollywood and it was on the lift, you guys were getting ready to tune it...had some wiiiide ass tire on the back and the lovely yellow charger was sittn pretty next to a 3rd gen firebird....

T

The Beast

Give us a call, Justin our tuner has been doing this for a very long time. If you have any questions feel free to give me a call at (630) 898-5933. Everyone has there opinions on who is the best, way to approach it is to take a look at the work that has come out of the shop. Feel free to stop in and check us out, we'll show you around!

I have been speaking to Brad at Modern Muscle and he will have my business in less than a month once wheather breaks and I get off my ass and pick up my firehawk out of my brothers garage. My hawk now has a Speed inc tune and the car feels strong thru all gears, but drivability around town makes you not want to drive the car. It really sucks driving this car with a cam and bolt ons. 2 summers ago I drove the hawk a total of 300 miles all summer cause I hate driving it around town. Last fall I went to a few of there get togethers and I spoke to Brad at MM and he garantees me my car will be fun to drive around town and I spoke to a few gto guys who had the same problems as me. Brad said it would almost take a full 6-8 hrs to tune which makes me feel good they will take there time with my Hawk. And make it right.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info