• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

What's needed for front suspension

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I want to replace everything on the front strut assemblies so I can piece it together without using the old junk (106,000 miles). I'm going to be ordering strut mounts but what are the other pieces I'm going to need?

It looks like the top and bottom isolator for the spring, plus an insert than goes into the mount. Is there anything else? I'm going with the single adjustable front QA1s.

partImageDisplay.do

partImageDisplay.do

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
I have 275lb springs on my car and they are just fine. With a new strut mount kit it has everything you need. The only thing I ended up re-using was my lower shock mount hardware. As ry@n said get the thrust bearing kit and the tool to adjust its so much easier then without it. Other wise have fun it makes weight transfer so much better.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
These will compliment the other goodies I have on the car and am really looking forward to getting it to the track. I've got the rear QA1's on there now with LCA's and relocation brackets, plus an adjustable panhard bar. My Spohn adjustable crossmember-mounted torque arm arrives today.

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
Well, that settles the torque arm.

Excited :run:

Damn on stock 10-bolt still? Yeah the front set-up is where I noticed the biggest feeling difference. My car is stock weight as well. My 275's dont sag or anything i'd be willing to let you see or drive my car if your interested to see how the 275's are etc. Do you still have your sway bar up front?

Need some slicks & skinnies?

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Yep, still on the 10 bolt. Don't plan on upgrading until it grenades. The stock sway is still up front but I'm gonna ditch it for the track.

What kind of slicks and skinnies? Are they in your for sale thread?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info