• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

LS2 GTO Guys - Headers

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Dad wants Headers for the goat and I have done some reading on them. He doesn't want to spend a lot so it is either shortys or PaceSetters. The shortys are pretty self explanatory as they bolt right up but...

He is going to keep the Cats so the Pacesetters would need to be custom in some way. Does anyone know anything or know of anyone that did that? I know you can either add cats to the mid pipe they sell or some how fab the existing to work with those headers??

I have not been able to find a clear cut answer so I am guessing I should recommend he get shortys, but then again I don't know that they are even worth it as they are not good for very much in the gains department.

Thanks,

John

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
Yeah he would get the Jet Hot Coated ones from MarylandSpeed.com...

So you weld a 3" reducer on to the end of the LT and that flows right into the stock midpipe and cats?

No. What I did was ordered up the catless mids with it. Those clamp onto the LT's and then you have a flange that will hook it up to the stock catback or aftermarket one if you order one too.
I could be wrong but i don't think you can use the stock mids with the the LT's.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I need to have the cats intact... That is the key here, I understand how to use the standard mid pipe but being that it is catless I cannot use the configuration as is.

While the Kooks are obviously nice, the price is just too high, even on sale. They want like 1500 bucks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info