• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Awww God More Corvettes, sexy.

Bones

Don't call me late for dinner!!!
Dec 29, 2009
Nw Burbs
I like the way this guy makes videos, that's the style I'm trying to get into filming/editing hopefully this summer. *sigh* I want my vette already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4F80fv-4Cw

4398536883_977e20c383_b.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

juicyfruit4.jpg

3695564979_699429316c_b.jpg

Last edited:

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
idk theres a lot of videos out there by people who are really slow with the edits. its like, ok lets see something or hear something, its been a 30s already. Watch those top-gear videos, they're very tight, and you gotta give the audience something quick before they get bored. Luckily they have voice overs, but if you don't have that Britishness, then I always think throwing in some doc style chatter in there is always good. idk I say if your going to do these kind of videos, do it for a reason for people to watch it, rather than just images of the car.

while Im ranting, I'd just like to say lets keep the "somthing racing productions" intro shit to a minimum when it comes to roll race videos. Just show the names of the cars, and then the race, with music that is quieter than the original audio plz. So many times I find myself skipping ahead a minute just to watch the damn race. If its a real film production with some meaning to it, then fine drag it out, but simple videos need to be faster.

shockerracing.com

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 9, 2006
Dundee, IL
while Im ranting, I'd just like to say lets keep the "somthing racing productions" intro shit to a minimum when it comes to roll race videos. Just show the names of the cars, and then the race, with music that is quieter than the original audio plz. So many times I find myself skipping ahead a minute just to watch the damn race. If its a real film production with some meaning to it, then fine drag it out, but simple videos need to be faster.

I make a lot of the vids for ShockerRacing and I understand what you are saying but everytime I leave out the SR Productions stuff someone else steals the vid and posts it on their youtube stealing video hits from me. This is a problem to me since I have partnered with Youtube and actually get paid for advertisements. I would much rather have you have to fast forward 15 seconds than lose out.

shockerracing.com

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 9, 2006
Dundee, IL
I use iMovie. You really can't make everyone happy with vids. I did that and people bitched cause it was in the way. I add music and people bitch cause they can't hear the cars and get copyright issues from Youtube. I have just decided to do whats easiest and have realized that short vids with no music get the most hits and interest so I have recently started just throwing in my logo intro and short vid and my copyright at the end with no music.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info