• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Opinion: Black Rims on a NBM TA?

TransHed

Navy Seabee
Sep 3, 2009
Plainfield, IL
So this color combo has always had me on the fence. Ill see other NBM Firebirds and Camaros with black rims and absolutly hate them.. and at other times, I see some and I think they look fantastic.

For my summer rims I have Machined C6 Motorsports. However, because they were my only rims last winter and my Trans Am is my only car.. they got pretty banged up. They're quite a bit chipped and rashed and I was contemplating painting the spokes black and leaving the lip polished as an easy, inexpensive fix until I get new rims down the line. Plus I just put on my black bird stripes this past weekend, so a part of me thinks this would go good with the theme.. but another part thinks it might suck lol.

Here's my TA how it looks with my Machined C6s (u cant see the chips, but they're there and very noticeable in person):

Raptor_polished_C6s.jpg

and here is a real quick photoshop I just did to see what they would look like black:

Raptor_black_C6s.jpg

Thoughts?

transmaxed

TCG Elite Member
Jun 23, 2008
Palatine
Real Name
Matt
Why is everyone suggest black chrome? OP is looking for opinions about painting it black as an inexpensive for-now type of fix.

I give painting the rims black a 2 thumbs down. Just save the money until you can buy other chrome rims. I just think black rims on dark colored cars looks god awful ugly. I wouldn't rock black rims on my TA even for free.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info