• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

relocation brackets

hey guys im ordering up my 3 point SFCs right now and since its free shipping and the place has 15% off UMI stuff im debating gettin the LCAs and relocation brackets. my main thing is i like doing all my work on my cars (even though i dont know much, but you gotta start somewhere). how is the install on the relocation brackets and LCAs? easy enough for a novice and a friend to do before/after the sub frame connectors? also im not gonna ever lower my car so do i need the adjustable LCAs or will i be ok with the non adjustables.

modern-muscle

Regular
Nov 18, 2008
hey guys im ordering up my 3 point SFCs right now and since its free shipping and the place has 15% off UMI stuff im debating gettin the LCAs and relocation brackets. my main thing is i like doing all my work on my cars (even though i dont know much, but you gotta start somewhere). how is the install on the relocation brackets and LCAs? easy enough for a novice and a friend to do before/after the sub frame connectors? also im not gonna ever lower my car so do i need the adjustable LCAs or will i be ok with the non adjustables.

I would say yes it is pretty easy, we would charge 4 hours labor for the 3 point SFC, LCAs and the relocation brackets. The only thing wth the relocation brackets is that you should expect to trim the ebrake mounts to make them fit right. Otherwise its pretty straight forward install. Also another tip is to do the SFCs with the old control arms in, do the LCAs and the relocation last. Let me know if you have questions or need help! Good luck!

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Yep, really easy to install. Make sure you have the recommended grease for the LCAs and also only apply the recommended amount, otherwise you can ruin the bushings in the long run.

Also, take note that some relocation brackets have two mounting hole sets for the control arms, one for drag racing and the other for autocross style. I believe on mine the lower mounting holes were for drag racing, which is where I put them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• pewterz55
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list