• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

headers

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
What's up. Before I sold the SS I picked up some SLP long tube headers with the SLP y pipe and SLP D/D muffler. The muffler was the upgraded one from the factory, so it was perfect for a daily driver. I highly recommend buying headers used, there's a ton of them on ls1tech.

transmaxed

TCG Elite Member
Jun 23, 2008
Palatine
Real Name
Matt
The pacesetters are a good, wallet friendly, choice IMO. I bought a used set for $200. They had some surface rust, but overall they work great and fit awesome. I do not drive the car in the winter though. For an ORY I had it custom built with a flowmaster merge. I highly recommend doing that if you are willing to spend a little extra for an ORY.

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
Whatever you do, do not get headers and a SLP Loudmouth catback, its the most obnoxious sound you'll ever hear, at WOT their ok, but cruising is the worst. I'd agree with getting the pacesetters. I paid for new LPPs because I thought they'd be worth the extra cash but the difference is hardly noticeable, no matter what people tell you. even if the difference was 10 extra HP, its not worth the hundreds of dollars. right, if you're going to drive in the winter though you gotta get something stainless. I have a corsa catback, their very good and look good too, I'd say go with it.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I think it's the best sounding catback you can buy for the Fbody. I personally only like it on manual transmissions, though, and with a resonator like the Borla XR-1. On automatics it seems to lose some of it's distinctiveness.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info