• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

What could I get for my Camaro SS. Help on numbers...

Bones

Don't call me late for dinner!!!
Dec 29, 2009
Nw Burbs
So I have decided ultimately I want a LS3 C6 Vette probably a pre-owned 08 or 09. I just don't want to put anymore money into the Camaro SS and from the beginning owning this car was a mistake. It's a really nice car I am just bored to death with it. Long story short it was an impulse buy. So I have been saving, received a decent lump sum from family affairs and I was thinking of selling the Camaro SS and financing a 09 LS3 Z51 vette. <--- For those who don't know me, Corvette ='s god to me. :)

So anyhow what do you think I could get for my car. I have the following done...

Exterior Modifications:
C5 deep dish wheels (BRAND NEW), 17/18s 275s and 295s BRAND SPANKIN NEW, installed but has yet to even hit the street. I spend 1300 some odd on everything.

SLP "SS" Grille
Black CAMARO rear inserts
Shorty antenna
Brand new headlights just replaced a week ago.

Interior Modifications:

DVD/MP3 Player (LCD screen).

Performance:

Pacesetter Armor Coated Long tube headers
SLP LM1 Catback System
LS6 Intake
SLP Lid
Hypertech 180 thermo

Drivetrain:

Finishline Trans Street Performance T-56
LS6 Clutch
LS6 Billet Steel Flywheel
Electronics:

HID kits for both headlights and fogs.
Granatelli Motor Sports Plug Wires.
NGK Iridium Plugs

Car has 70K on the clock and the transmission has not more than 3K on it. Just purchased it with the LS6 clutch, all new back in August. I was thinking of putting it up for sale around 12 grand? 12.5? The thing is flawless and has never seen a winter day.

picture.php

old rims, no new pics really yet because the car is in the garage.
picture.php

picture.php

3-5.jpg

4-4.jpg

thecamaross.jpg

Bones

Dec 29, 2009
Nw Burbs
Btw I bought the car last August for 11,500 and I have WELL over 5K into it. So what would you start at? I am not taking less than 12.5K probably, this is a very nice car and I pampered the shit out of it. Thing doesn't even use a car cover in the garage because I worry about dust scratches and I make sure the heat never drops below 60 degrees in the garage haha.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Modification's or repairs aren't going to necessarily add to the car's value, though there's likely someone out there willing to pay that much. There are guys on ls1tech selling cars with $40,000 invested for less than $20k. With depreciation since you bought it you'd be lucky to break even.

Good luck, though. If it's clean enough you shouldn't have trouble finding a buyer.

Bones

Dec 29, 2009
Nw Burbs
Id start at like 13 or 13.5K and see what ppl say. I could see you getting at least what you paid for it tho.

Hey dave, remember when I told you this was gonna happen lol

Shutty. j/k :) Yeah bro I just don't have an interest in the car anymore. It's gorgeous, but I don't enjoy it anymore. Also it's just sitting here rotting. It's the kind of car that's so well kept I don't want to drive it in the crap weather, yet that means (being in Chicago) the thing sees 3 months of driving a year. I mean wtf is that? Not enjoyable, that's for sure. Also when ever something happens to it I just get so pissed. Because I don't have the interest in it, so it's a chore more than anything. Use to be fun to get my hands dirty with the car. I'm just done with it.

Plus I do not plan to get the vette till I am finished with my final semester of school. So I'm looking around May/June, I'm working and will be working full time no matter what so that's not the problem. I figure I'll put 10-12K down on a new LS3 vette and take the other 5k I have now saved up to get new wheels and save the rest for a back up/safety.

I just don't want to worry about a car while I'm wrapping up my degree, so nothing is happening right now. With that said I weighed everything out and decided I rather have a bone stock LS3 m6 vette vs continuing to mod the SS. Even if I had to keep the vette stock for a while, I'll have more fun in that car. It's my dream car. Only thing that sucks here is that I keep starting over haha. Always start off in a stock car basically, always upgrade in power, each car tho.

--------------
Bru, well I could totally understand mods, I've done exhaust on the car and I'm not even bothering adding that into the price. That was something I chose to do, something like a transmission and new clutch is necessary though, and I consider that maintenance. Same with the new tires. I won't count the wheels, again it was my decision to get wheels, so I'll eat that. But the tires are necessary and are brand spankin new.

Also I am in no rush to sell this car. I have no problem sitting on it till the right buyer comes along. Till then I'll just keep driving it to the car shows etc...

Bones

Dec 29, 2009
Nw Burbs
What about a C5 Z06? Thats the car you've been going on and on about for years lol. Much cheaper too and can be much faster for much less than what you'd buy a bone stock LS3 C6 for.

Oh I still love C5Zs, shit a black C5Z gets me harder than Chinese Algebra. I thought long and hard about it and this is how everything unfolds.

Goal: Black LS3 M6 Vette with the Z51 suspension package. If that were to fall through, maybe out of my budget, then I'll probably end up with a C5Z and be equally happy. But I definitely don't want to compromise with the LS2. LS6 and LS3s sound amazing and those are the two I really like (C6Z obviously out of the question). I prefer the flip up lights off the C5 body and that FRC body is sick. But I also love the new rear end on the C6s. So it is a hard decision. Dropping this kind of cash, whatever I get I want it to truly be something I am in love with, not a compromise. :bigthumb:

Bones

Dec 29, 2009
Nw Burbs
I just think you're going to be spending a ridiculous amount of money for an LS3 C6. And I know you... you're not gonna want to keep it stock lol, and you wont have money to mod it.

Haha true. Definitely appreciate the advice man. I know I'll mod whatever I get and I don't want a huge loan. But I will say LS3s have dropped recently. Everything is a buyers market. I guess that means C5Zs should be even more reasonable then. That will all be considered as summer approaches I guess.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
What about a C5 Z06? Thats the car you've been going on and on about for years lol. Much cheaper too and can be much faster for much less than what you'd buy a bone stock LS3 C6 for.

I just think you're going to be spending a ridiculous amount of money for an LS3 C6. And I know you... you're not gonna want to keep it stock lol, and you wont have money to mod it.

This dude knows whats up! Z or bust! Price insurance too...

Good luck with the sale. You might get the 12.5 for it, but it'll be tough I bet.

Bones

Dec 29, 2009
Nw Burbs
Looks to me like you just like the C6s engine lol

Yeah that is also true haha. Are you just trying to confuse the hell out of me. I'm bad enough as it is, you know that haha. I guess the final decision can be decided when I have the cash in hand. But one thing is for certain the SS is going bye bye. If I do decide on a C5Z then I'm keeping my new wheels dammit. I'm more attached to those than the car. If I can find another black Z with that two tone red and black leather interior I will jump on that car before anything else. God that car felt amazing to sit in. That was the first one I ever test drove.

Eagle I hear man. :) I'm not sure about C6s, but I priced a 2002 C5Z back before the SS and it came out to be $120 a month for me, which isn't bad. I know more about C5s then C6s, so I'm researching and comparing. Thanks, I hope it sells close to asking price. If I get 12k it's gone.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Btw I bought the car last August for 11,500 and I have WELL over 5K into it. So what would you start at? I am not taking less than 12.5K probably, this is a very nice car and I pampered the shit out of it. Thing doesn't even use a car cover in the garage because I worry about dust scratches and I make sure the heat never drops below 60 degrees in the garage haha.

Wait I'm lost. You bought it in August of 09 ?

Bones

Dec 29, 2009
Nw Burbs
Wait I'm lost. You bought it in August of 09 ?

Yeah I bought it and haven't had it for even a year. It was a stupid impulse buy. Before that I had a cammed 96 LT1 Z. I wish I just held off and waited for the vette.

Yes he did. I was there. I am proof lol.
Damn people on corvetteforums are basically saying the same thing haha. I should get the C5Z, because I could basically buy the car in straight cash. And that is predominately old man advice on those boards, which is knowledgeable haha.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
LS6 and LS3s sound amazing and those are the two I really like (C6Z obviously out of the question).

ummm you do know that (technically) there's a big difference between the two, lol (6.2L > 5.7L). LS3 definitely would get my vote, but i agree i do like those C5's body line alot... C6's are kinda still growing on me.

In any case, i hope you can worship your own god ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info