• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

best brakes and rotors for an LS1.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
I have been very happy with my powerslots and hawks on my silverado. SS still has original rotors and factory replacement pads the dealer put on before I bought it in 01 and they suck. Needs brake uprgrade badly.

Mr Bones: Whoever you knew with the LT1 that was unhappy with the dust from the Hawks probably got the wrong compound pad. The severe duty ones create a shitton of dust.

Bones

Don't call me late for dinner!!!
Dec 29, 2009
Nw Burbs
slots are just for looks. i have slotted right now although i don't plan on deviating from good blanks in the future.

http://www.ctbrakes.com/brake-compounds.html

if you take your car to road tracks i would consider the xp8 from this list. if you don't then i think the ax6 will be more than good enough.

Yeah I plan to get the SS into some road course racing/autoxing, nothing competitive yet, but that is the route I want to go. Thanks for the link, I'm interested in the xp8s.

I have been very happy with my powerslots and hawks on my silverado. SS still has original rotors and factory replacement pads the dealer put on before I bought it in 01 and they suck. Needs brake uprgrade badly.

Mr Bones: Whoever you knew with the LT1 that was unhappy with the dust from the Hawks probably got the wrong compound pad. The severe duty ones create a shitton of dust.

Haha yeah Idk, obviously he did something wrong, cause everyone seems happy with Hawk pads. That's good news to me lol.

Thanks for the feedback fellas, I think hawk pads will work fine.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Yeah I plan to get the SS into some road course racing/autoxing, nothing competitive yet, but that is the route I want to go. Thanks for the link, I'm interested in the xp8s.

anything should be fine fo autox. if you want to take it to road courses, xp8 is the way to go. i would also advise some super blue racing brake fluid or the motul version (rf600 or 650 is the name i forgot) and i would probably highly consider some titanium shims as well. (just got mine, not installed/haven't used yet; current shims are shit though (worse than OEMs)) - if you were experiencing brake fade with this setup (probably not) it would very likely be more due to newb braking techniques rather than exceeding what they are capable of.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info