• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

heads on a 02 camaro

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I wonder if the 243s got thrown on after some warranty head work and the factory was out of 241s.

IIRC, there are two or more styles of 243 heads, with the difference being the valves. The set used on the Z06 and the set used on the LS2. I can't say for certain, though.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)

GIMPY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 21, 2009
Elgin
Almost always LS6 block in '02 fbodies.

Bingo.

^ Like he said. Wonder how they made it on the car... was this older gentleman the original owner?

there is actually one other owner besides him come to find out he said he doesnt have any records showing anytype of engine work or anything along thoughs lines besides oil changes tansmission flush and tires thats about it.... i think im gunna see if i can pull up the service record at my dads shop and see if i can find anything... i think a the first owner must of got a hold of some 243 heads and put them on even though 243 and 241 casting heads flow almost the same right?? just the valves are different

Last edited by a moderator:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info