• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

do ls6's like boost...

KaMaSuTrA

Resident Sexi Man
Aug 22, 2008
Chicago IL
Turbo on a CTS-V1 will require a lot of plumbing since it will end up being a rear mounted setup. I've seen it done but the guy who did it ended up cutting through his whole trunk bottom to make it fit. He was the first person to do it and there's clips on youtube showing it in action. It was for sale on eBay not that long ago.

STS also makes a kit but I haven't heard of anyone buying one. Most CTS-V1 guys do the Maggie route while a select few go Pro.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Why not a Magnacharger?
ctsv5.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Turbo on a CTS-V1 will require a lot of plumbing since it will end up being a rear mounted setup. I've seen it done but the guy who did it ended up cutting through his whole trunk bottom to make it fit. He was the first person to do it and there's clips on youtube showing it in action. It was for sale on eBay not that long ago.

STS also makes a kit but I haven't heard of anyone buying one. Most CTS-V1 guys do the Maggie route while a select few go Pro.

rear mount setup seems pretty super duper... and yeah we know it would take quite a bit of plumbing.

sts kit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

cts-v with homemade rearmount kit...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006...ewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item3ef97c0538

Maggie FTMFW! Do it, KJ (read: DEVIN)!!!!

7lbs and that car will be moving the hell out... :bowdown:

turboturbocough

Whatever you do, make sure the car has an 06-07 diff, the 04-05 units are known to grenade very easily. There are also revised axles available from GForce, Hendrix, and DSS to help numb the wheelhop plague the cars are prone to experience.

he's got a kars kit to reduce wheelhop... its a pretty intense major bracket deal... and the car has no wheelhop now.

KaMaSuTrA

Resident Sexi Man
Aug 22, 2008
Chicago IL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikiamvuecwc&feature=player_embedded

This is the car in action. Keep in mind he has a cast on his foot..

F1-A ProCharged LS2/402 Forged w/AFR 225 heads & Fast 92mm intake
Methanol Injection
1-7/8" kooks w/ Corsa
Stage V Trans by RPM w/ 9" Ford IRS
UUC Shifter
Msd shift lite
Custom gauge pod w/dual interceptor scan gauges w/wide band
Launch control
Line lock
Hre C-20 wheels
GY gsd3's 255/40/18 front & BFG T/A 295/35/18 DR rear
Kw,var-3 Coilovers
Built & Tuned by EPP------- 864 rwhp / 776 rwtq
9" IRS built & installed by------- Madman Racing

I think its pretty decent considering the launch and 2-3 shift...and the fact that dudes foot was messed up. To top it off it was his first pass at the track with his setup. With a proper launch/gearshifts this old man car is in the low 10s easy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info