• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

LS1/2/6/7 owners post-up

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
What exhaust set-ups have you got? I sold my Loudmouth 1 this past fall and got a Magnaflow but its too fucking quiet now. I'm hoping LT's and ORY will wake it back up but i don't know. Post up some vid clips if you got 'em. I'm looking to go Pacesetters but before I do I wanna hear some options ;)

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
My first choice was to get a GMMG but hardly anyone wants to sell them. And on top of that they want an arm and a leg (between 450-650 depending on the condition). I couldn't beat the price I paid for my MAG though. Someone local off LS1Tech.com. I knew if I went headers and Y with the SLP it would be obnoxious on the street, but great for the track ;)

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
had the loudmouth on my old LT4 TA with no mufflers. goddamn that car was loud.

Yessir-e-bob ;) shit was loud but if you don't plan on putting on headers thats the way to go, lol.

i have hooker headers with a custom true duel set up, dynomax bullet mufflers

That was an option for later when I do cam/heads work

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
My friends camed 01 SS sounds like shit with SLP headers, no cat, and SLP exhaust. Sounds good at idle but once it starts going rasssppppp, just like a Grand Prix.

My buddies WS6 that he had was digustingly horrible with rasssp. It did sound nice at idle but nasty with some gas. Would this so happen to be the SS guy who had flood damage(?) or something and had a motor replaced by his insurance... the same guy i met when I came out with the Z

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
yeah, i had some flowmaster garbage on my car when i got it, went to a loudmouth catback only, sounded good, went to catted y and headers and loudmouth... no dice, swapped cat back with gmmg and it sounded perfect, but had to ditch the cats since they kept going out on me and i was sick of replacing them. i like the way it sounds now, has a bit of rasp here and there, but you can avoid it shifting around it for the most part.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
My buddies WS6 that he had was digustingly horrible with rasssp. It did sound nice at idle but nasty with some gas. Would this so happen to be the SS guy who had flood damage(?) or something and had a motor replaced by his insurance... the same guy i met when I came out with the Z

yea thats him.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
yeah, i had some flowmaster garbage on my car when i got it, went to a loudmouth catback only, sounded good, went to catted y and headers and loudmouth... no dice, swapped cat back with gmmg and it sounded perfect, but had to ditch the cats since they kept going out on me and i was sick of replacing them. i like the way it sounds now, has a bit of rasp here and there, but you can avoid it shifting around it for the most part.

HAHA its seems everyone has a flowmaster at sometime....ask panda I sold him my T/A with one on it :rofl: Shitty ass 80 series, lol.I hear ya on the shifting around the rasp I had to do it with the SLP

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
HAHA its seems everyone has a flowmaster at sometime....ask panda I sold him my T/A with one on it :rofl: Shitty ass 80 series, lol.I hear ya on the shifting around the rasp I had to do it with the SLP

when i ditched the cats, i put a bullet muffler in the I pipe, and it cut it down to a real small area of rasp, right around 2000-2200rpms now, so its pretty much gone for the most part

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
here was mine when I changed over.... although I think I already posted the vids awhile back

Loudmouth 1

Magnaflow

Sorry had a shitty camera. There was a big difference in tone. I had a buddy take it for a drive so I can hear it and the Mag sounded really good but I def needed some headers for a deeper tone

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info