• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

New PB cam only m6 w/ vid!!!

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Very nice damn everytime I see videos of that track makes me think downhill more and more.

i was thinking the same for a while... then i looked on google earth... and its 708 feet at the start- then 710 at the finish line...

but then after the finish line- it goes from 710- 800 at the complete end of the pavement... giving it the illusion you are going downhill...

DTB_LS1

REAL RACECARS HAVE THREE PEDALS
Sep 18, 2009
Ottawa, IL
i was thinking the same for a while... then i looked on google earth... and its 708 feet at the start- then 710 at the finish line...

but then after the finish line- it goes from 710- 800 at the complete end of the pavement... giving it the illusion you are going downhill...

I didn't know it was 708 at the start and 710 at the finish. Nice info, now I can tell everyone I ran 11.64 uphill. :)

DTB_LS1

Sep 18, 2009
Ottawa, IL
Damn, that thing is moving out!

More about the combo? What clutch you running? What cam you running? :)

Thanks, it's a 2000 SS and my mods include.

SLP lid
FAST/NW 92/90 setup
SLP udp
Speedinc SI5 cam (231/237 .589/.595 112LSA)
Pacesetter LTs w/ORY
Mufflex 4" CB w/Spintech muffler (Muffler removed at the track)
Built T56 w/Mcleod RST twindisk, Tickperformance adj. M/C, 01-02 GM slave
Moser 9" w/ a spool, 4.30s, and 35 spline axles
Lingenfelter 2-step
UMI tubular k-member
UMI tubular lower a-arms
UMI SFCs
UMI Adj. Tunnel mount T/A
UMI Adj. LCAs w/relocation brackets
UMI Adj. PHB
Strange DA coilovers in front w/300lb springs
Strange SA shocks in the rear
A/C stuff deleted
Spare tire/Jack removed
Front and rear bumper supports deleted
ABS delete
Pass. and rear seats removed
Steering wheel and airbag replace with a MOMO wheel
Insulation deleted
AIR/EGR deleted
TC/Cruise deleted
Billet Specialties Streetlites
28x10.5 ET Drags
And probably more that I can't remember right now.

DTB_LS1

Sep 18, 2009
Ottawa, IL
I thought that seemed really fast for a cam only car. I guess I'm an idiot and thought it literally had a cam only and maybe a lid. There have been a ton of other mods to get to that time. Impressive none-the-less, congrats!

Yeah there are some supporting mods but it's considered a cam only car because there is no other internal work and it still has stock unported heads.

Weight reduct. FTW!
Impressive indeed! :bowdown:

Yeah she's definately on the skinny side. I'll weigh it next time I'm at the track.

Are you running stock rear springs with the strange shocks? I just started shopping for rear suspension on my 98 T/A and decided to go a more street/strip route.

I'm still running stock springs in the rear. I swapped from a Koni 4/4 setup to the Strange because it's a straight line car. The Strange shocks are an excellent addition to a street/strip car. They work great at the track and have excellent street manners.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info