• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Subtle Trans Am Interior Mods

TransHed

Navy Seabee
Sep 3, 2009
Plainfield, IL
So in Firebirds, stock, we have grey HVAC, steering wheel controls and Headlight switch knobs.... all of our interior lights light up red just like the the other Pontiacs and just like all other cars we have those yellow/white, dull reading lamps lights.

Stock.jpg

Stock2.jpg

Well I got sick of that and switched those grey knobs out for the Camaros black ones. Switch out most of the red interior lighting (still need to do my dash gauges tho) for the Camaros white/blue ones (steering wheel controls, shifter plate and headlight overlay, HVAC overlay). Switch out my old crappy reading lamps lights for nice bright white/blue LED ones. Also, since my TCS doesnt work in my TA since swapping out rear ends, I dont have a use for that button anymore... so I swapped that out with the Camaros cubby hole that goes in its place

HVAC_Cub.jpg

Headlight-Switch.jpg

Wheel-Controls.jpg

HVAC_Cub-Night.jpg

Headlight-Switch-Night.jpg

Shift-Plate-Night.jpg

Wheel-Controls-Night.jpg

Interior_Lights.jpg

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Interesting. I always preferred the red interior of the firebirds to the greenish lights on my Camaro. You know of anyway to replace the bulbs on the center counsel of the camaro?

what are the illuminating? alot of the interior bulbs on F-body's are 194's... you can pick them up at your local auto zone for about 2 bucks a pair...

TransHed

Navy Seabee
Sep 3, 2009
Plainfield, IL
Interesting. I always preferred the red interior of the firebirds to the greenish lights on my Camaro. You know of anyway to replace the bulbs on the center counsel of the camaro?

If you'd like, and are willing to swap your Camaro dash gauge over lay for my Firebird dash gauge overlay (its the last part Im missing to getting rid of my red interior lighting) .... Id gladly give you my original shifter plate, HVAC overlay, headlight control overlay and steering wheel buttons so you can have red interior without having to changing any bulbs at all.

And the Camaro ones only come off as "green" because of the stock bulbs. When I put hyper white ones in there, they'll glow blue.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info