• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

New Personal Best @ GLD tonight

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
This was the first time I've been to the track with decent weather since I swapped out the cam in my truck. The first run was a 12.6xx, and looking at my HPTuners logs it was shifting at 5600 from 1-2 and 5800 from 2-3....... Raised my shift MPH too much and second run I bounced off the limiter. After that I just slowly crept up the MPH until I got it shifting at 6200.

First run after getting the shift points sorted out: 12.430 @108.31 1.682 60'

It ran dead solid 12.50x all night besides that one run. Also, I raced an SRT8 cherokee for $20, gave him the hit. Ran his ass down and then a few lengths.

I was hoping to hit 12.4xx tonight so no complaints. The truck is consistently more faster with the cam. Not a doubt in my mind that it will knock out a handfull of 12.3xx before this season is over.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
It was pretty busy there tonight, so I just ran in the pro tree lane with 4-5 other cars. In the regular staging lanes, I doubt I would have made more than 4 runs the entire nite. Managed to get 9 runs in between 730 and 930 with stopping to make tune adjustments between each run..... The track prep was much nicer as well because the "race carz" were using that lane. VHT on the track after every few cars.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Good runs Jared. I seriously do not know why so many people talk shit about GLD. It I think it has alot todo with the weather, but people want to blame track prep to cover up poor driving or a car that isnt performing well. If you want to make a statement like that, you better be one of those guys who goes racing every weekend and runs consistently better times at other tracks to say "GLD sucks". I know a few people that made PB's at GLD but cant match them at other tracks. I will continue to goto GLD. Its nice to be able to cruise up after work and make a few runs. You cant beat that $20 wed price (even though isnt that the stock byron price?) but seems wed's are getting very busy. I am however not en ticed about the pricing.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Very nice times :bigthumb:

My issue with GLD came with track management, where almost three house were cut from their scheduled time because of a late start and poor clean-up management -- one guy with paper towels isn't going to get the job done after a spill.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods

My issue with GLD came with track management, where almost three house were cut from their scheduled time because of a late start and poor clean-up management -- one guy with paper towels isn't going to get the job done after a spill.

Paper towels don't work well at Byron either. :bowrofl:

DSC_4005.jpg

DSC_4007.jpg

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Paper towels don't work well at Byron either. :bowrofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info