• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

To Cage Or Not To Cage?

Put a roll cage in my 2000 Trans Am?

• Total voters

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
Well, I can get a really good deal on a 6-point chromemoly roll cage custom bent/installed into my car.

But the big questions is to cage it or not to cage it? I do go to the track alot but I also daily drive the car some times, or some times it seems for weeks before I drive it. This price is avaible for avery long time so I have to act now..

Anybody in here ever have a cage in their street car? Thoughts?

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
My car isn't making the power its a mid 12 second car that has seen low 12's a couple times. :)

I just love looking race car, rollin' around on slicks and skinnies and thought a cage would top it off nice.

Pretty much with talking to every one else who has a cage in their f-body going to jump on it due to deal/price. And if I decide to not continue with the car I can always cut it out and sell it.

Thread Info