• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Detailed: 2009 Cadillac CTS-V

jmkiang

Regular
May 13, 2009
Chicago
I really enjoyed detailing this car! It was pretty swirly but we decided that a full correction wasn't necessary since it is his DD and will get more swirly throughout the summer. Also, I have a sneaking suspicion that many of the swirls were owner-induced although he claims that he's only rinsed it off and had some other guy hand wash it.

Arrived when it was raining but figured since I was detailing in the garage, it wouldn't matter. Washed in the rain, dried inside.

After the car was washed, dried, clayed and prepped, I polished with M205, 4" / 5.5" LC white pads and my PC7424. I spread at 3, polished at 6 with medium pressure and then at 5 with light pressure. Got probably 60-70% correction with my 1 step package.

Finished off with 2 layers of ZFX'd Zaino Z5, a layer of ZFX'd Zaino Z2 and a final wipedown with Zaino Z8. Wheels didn't get anything since the owner is getting them powdercoated soon.

Car had a clear bra and it got the same treatment as the paint... Sal said this was OK.

Picture time. I was sorta in a rush so I skipped thru the "progress" pictures. Lets just say it was a lot less swirly in the end, especially with the filling characteristics of Zaino Z5 (fully disclosed this to the owner).

Car has ~500 miles on it.

Befores:
anthonyctsvpre1.jpg

anthonyctsvpre2.jpg

WT plate in IL means you can go all as dark as you want with tints legally :yum:
anthonyctsvpre3.jpg

Sheeting nicely after LSP-removal.
anthonyctsvpre4.jpg

anthonyctsvpre5.jpg

anthonyctsvpre6.jpg

Dropped my Brinkmann so sometimes the top light doesn't work until I shake it :tongue:
anthonyctsvpre7.jpg

anthonyctsvpre8.jpg

anthonyctsvpre9.jpg

This door was strange. You can see some hazing on the paint and the clear coat was chipping near the upper part. You can also see caked on polish/wax by the door handle. Inside of the gas door had it too.
anthonyctsvpre10.jpg

Battery starting to die but you can still see the defects well.
anthonyctsvpre11.jpg

Afters:
anthonyctsvpost1.jpg

20" (or 22" I forget) AutoCouture wheels that were on the client's previous LS. He's selling them for $800! :whyme: Slight curbage and the tires need to be replaced. I told him he was crazy! Said he paid $4500 for them.
anthonyctsvpost2.jpg

anthonyctsvpost3.jpg

anthonyctsvpost4.jpg

anthonyctsvpost5.jpg

Surface of paint and clear bra look pretty identical. Client was pretty worried about this.
anthonyctsvpost6.jpg

Exhaust tips were polished with a cheap MF and OMP... they weren't very dirty to begin with but they turned out nice.
anthonyctsvpost7.jpg

I wiped the smudging after taking this picture. My car looks like its got a HUGE halo :D
anthonyctsvpost8.jpg

anthonyctsvpost9.jpg

Wheels and calipers cleaned up.

Thanks for looking.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info