• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Well... here we go again.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
FML.

The carrier came back yesterday but it was badly damaged in shipping. One of the 1/4" bolts, which looks like it has about 8 gallons of loctite on it, that holds a clip to locate one of the two the adjusting rings completely sheared off - and was laying in the bottom of the shipping container.

Oh yea, and the damn CARRIER ITSELF must have gotten bent/tweaked... because I couldn't turn the R&P in the slightest. It's seized up.

Did I mention, FML?

I have to ship the damn thing back... AGAIN
to have it repaired. Dude doesn't insure his shipments either.

I don't know if I'm going to trust that case anymore either... who knows what's really bent up in there badly enough to lock up the gears. This dude will take it apart and set up the gears again, but how will he know if anything is bent up? So unless he replaces the case... I might just sell this fawkin thing on ebay and buy something else from someone else. :tear:

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
You mean the NEXT time he ships it back? The part is worth over $1000, even if we made a claim @ UPS IF it gets damaged again... it'll take months for them to pay out and there goes my season...

I think I'm just going to call up this guy and respectfully request a new case. I'm going to have to mark this one so I can tell if he sends the same one back again. :(

What a craptastic situation.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
what shipping carrier? maybe invest in one of those hard cases for it before sending it back and forth.

Ya, he said he'll send it back this next time in a hard shipping case, specifically for 9" centers.

We've now shipped this damn thing 8 times back and forth. UPS is loving this shit @ $60 each way...

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
While we ALL agree this situation is BUNK, it's not this dude's fault that UPS jacked up the parts. He's been very cool and has stood by his warranty... not even Strange offers a warranty like this guy. Seriously, I'd feel bad asking for a refund after everything he's done to make this sale right, not to mention the parts he's swapped out at his cost after I basically destroyed them... No way Strange would do that.

skeezer

TCG Elite Member
Jan 3, 2008
Luke's Beef
The way you described this to me originally was it was taped up inside a MILK crate.

I picture that to being pretty un-sound and to be banging away while in transit.

Good business would to be insuring the item for shipping, especially since it's worth so much money.

I just sent the third row seating of my Tahoe Fedex and insured it for 800 bucks. I don't need to deal with any nonsense if something happens to those seats.

Refund or get him to send you a brand new unit.

Oreif

Crazy Little Child
Oct 17, 2008
Schaumburg
UPS has a habit of trashing items larger or heavy items. Took me 3 times to get a manual transaxle for my car when I converted over to a 4-spd. (the place is located in Alabama.) The first one the driver couldn't lift it and just pushed it off the back of the truck. Needless to say the bellhousing would have required a lot of re-assembly. The second they pulled out of the box (actually they said the box fell apart) so the transaxle rolled around the truck for a while just wrapped in paper. That one was damaged/cracked by the shift linkage and clutch bosses. Funny thing was the place that sent it used a very thick box and wrapped the trans in a couple of layers of bubble wrap. Finally the third one was shipped in a large tupperware plastic bin and insulated with lots of foam. Arrived in great condition.

BTW ~ UPS will only pay out insurance for damaged items if they are the ones who packed it. If you pack it and insure it, It only covers if the item is lost. If you read the fine print on the insurance form it specifically calls thet out.

You may want to do the same with your center. You can get 2" to 4" thick foam at Hobby Lobby and a thick plastic bin at Target. Aside from the UPS truck rolling over or some forklift driver running into it, It should arrive in good condition.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info