• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Tuning after a Stall...

SinSStr

May 19, 2009
Bartlett
Just the trans cooler should be fine. You can always ask the people who made the converter what they recommend. I've got a Vig and mine will go in and out of lock-up if I'm cruising at highway speeds for extended periods of time. I've put over 12,000 miles on it, including several trips to Cleveland and back with no trans or converter issues.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Ive been tuning what I can on his car. It still has torque management, as recommended by most people tuning these so far. The shifts feel really poor without it. Apparently the A6 TCC uses PWM and cant be just set to lock the converter clutch. It slowly applies so you dont feel such a harsh lock, which is great for a stock stall, but people burning up aftermarket converts. HP tuners doesnt support the parameters needed to make it lock up 100% and not ease into it.

Check out this thread. http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22038&highlight=tcc

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info