• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Decisions, Decisions. Drivetrain or Suspension mods for the T/A?

Drivetrain or Suspension mods for the T/A?

• 3600 converter and 3.73 gears

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Koni suspension with Strano springs

Votes: 15 51.7%

• Total voters

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
The suspension on the T/A is stock and junk, but the 2.73 gears and tiny converter also suck. At the track the suspension was squatting too much and I would guess hurting my launch as the car was bogging out of the hole with the auto trans.

All of these mods will eventually be thrown on the car, but I'm not sure which to do first. Any reasoning to do one before the other?

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I disagree. When you don't drive like a grandma on the street, a stall and gear are mighty fun on the street, too.

I just think a stall and gear is more a performance mod where suspension is more of a driveability mod. My TA had high miles when I did the suspension and it was like light night and day, the best thing I did with the car. It was so much more enjoyable to drive.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
stall and gear will make the car faster, but shouldn't be too fast for the stock suspension @ that point. Suspension will really only change how the car handles, so unless you're really unhappy with how it handles right now, I'd personally go with the stall & gears. Voted as much.

Keep in mind I still have to get you those LCAs and lowering brackets! :D

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
replacing the worn suspension will certainly help how the car launches. joe practically drags the bumper when he nails it from a dig

Welcome to the fbody! He doesn't have traction issues right now from a dig... so why upgrade it yet?

Ive seen those brackets around, what the benefit of them? I have LCAs but stock springs/shocks

UMI's site said:
Product installed on a stock height vehicle will also see a great increase in traction by lowering the rearward angle of the lower control arm, allowing more force to be placed on the rear tires. Relocation brackets have two settings to allow the lower control arm to be lowered either 2" or 3", depending on your preference. Settings are placed in a correct pattern that will allow use of all OEM control arms or any aftermarket control arm (brackets do not require a longer control arm.) Brackets installed on a non-lowered F-Body provide a .10 or better 60-foot; reduction and an increase in track consistency.

Thread Info