• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

CEL already on the G8!

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
That'll happen, cars are getting smarter and smarter every day, now they're learning how to complain without actually telling you, they hint at it just like women :squint: Cleaver little suckers...

That's what I like about my older mustang. I know when it is not happy. It will ride like absolute garbage.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
That's what i like about my 83 rabbit (when it had a motor in the front) OBD 0 is completely clueless to anything going on. The check "complaints" light was just a little yellow l.e.d. in the dash and the computer was the size of a first generation Nextel phone. The only way you knew something wasn't working was an extremely loud noise and a cloud of smoke in the rear view. Poor little bastard got the shit kicked out of it with a blown headgasket for many many miles. Took 8500rpms like a champ too.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
You can probably get to it one the info screen in the middle of your instrument panel, in engineering mode, or Tech mode, whatever they call it these days

how about through that giant screen in the top/middle of the dash? or does that ONLY display battery voltage ?!?!?!?!? and oil pressure?

just hit the onstar button for fucks sake!

Mickey

Look at those low rates!
Feb 13, 2008
Normal, IL
Real Name
Mickey Cole
That's what i like about my 83 rabbit (when it had a motor in the front) OBD 0 is completely clueless to anything going on. The check "complaints" light was just a little yellow l.e.d. in the dash and the computer was the size of a first generation Nextel phone. The only way you knew something wasn't working was an extremely loud noise and a cloud of smoke in the rear view. Poor little bastard got the shit kicked out of it with a blown headgasket for many many miles. Took 8500rpms like a champ too.

rofl, my obd0 garb will only throw a code after beating the fuck out if it and then driving like normal, it gives me a flash code for no vss input. My speedo cable is destroyed lol. Silly awesome obd0

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info