• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Status on my TA

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Status on Eagle's TA

Here's the FACTS.

Took 8 passes down the track, PB on the spray of 11.44 @ 122.64 with a 1.86 60' bogging in 1st. It's in the 10's if I could drive it, but admittedly, I can't... YET. Here's PB the run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FwiIcz9dKw

If anyone has video on the run where I F'd up... post that junk.

Last run I F'd up the 3-4 shift (yep Turk F'd a shift. you can tear me up for that) and over rev'd it and coasted the rest of the track. On the return lane I knew it was NOT happy. Pulled it into the pits, checked it over quick and swapped out the tires.

It ran, but ticking quite loud... but not like a bottom end thing... a weird noise... totally in the exhaust. Odd. Anyways, it ran... so I figured screw it, I'm gonna try to drive it the 65mi home... and it made it without further issues.

THANKS TO BRU AND MOOK/STKORN FOR FOLLOWING ME HOME!!! :bigthumb: Hope the beer helped soften the long ride home from BWW later that night! :D

With everyone's help... ok not Mook rly, but he provided great entertainment... we got the valve covers & intake are off. Rockers all OK. Springs all OK. 2 minorly bent pushrods.

Tomorrow I'm going to try and get the heads off to see what's going on under there. Right now I'm hoping I have a few crapped out lifters. Cam might be hosed too... but again, no visible metal in the oil @ all even after driving it 65mi home.

Here's to hoping. I'll add some pics and post updates. If its just something like lifters, I'm still hoping to get the car back up for next weekend's car's and coffee.

:noes:

Last edited:

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I honestly have a feeling you just bent some pushrods. Did you go from 3rd to 2nd? In a mechanical overrev on the LS1 most people just see some bent pushrods and maybe some fucked up valves, if you already checked the valves and they are fine then I'm betting it's just the rods. Motors with bent pushrods sound like diesels.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Thanks for all the comments, fellaz. The heads will be off tonight and I should know what the extent of the damage is...

I holding my breath hoping for just some junked lifters > :eek3:

Also going to roll the pushrods to verify that they are all straight, but I think they are... if any are bent, its a VERY slight bend. :noes: Not sure how that could make the motor sound as trashed as it did...

TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK.... :ugh:

Attachments

• IMG00116-20090511-0714.jpg
    IMG00116-20090511-0714.jpg
    457.1 KB · Views: 96
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info