• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Drag bags for the GTO

asainchris

loves cigs
Feb 10, 2009
Geneva
I highly recommend anyone who has a GTO, and has yet to do this. I am running 10psi in the bags. It eliminated nearly all the wheel hop on the car, which is amazing! I haven't launched the car yet, plan on macking a couple test passes on a secret road :hsughwiggle: I ran the lines into one, or you can even opt to run two different lines.
If you have any questions, feel free to pm, or call. I will try my best to walk you threw it, or I can drive out there and help out!

For the install...... (tacken from ls1gto.com)

1. Jack up car by the pumpkin (if yo dont have a lift).
2. Put jack stands in front of rear tires in the proper locations.
3. Remove tire (I started on the left).
4. Cut lower rubber piece about 1" from the bottom.
5. Cut upper rubber piece as well (I left a portion of it there).
6. Run one end of the line up through the bottom of the coil spring and out the middle (largest opening) of the spring.
7. Put the clamp a few inches down the air line.
8. Press the air line on to the bag.
9. Put the clamp up around where the air line connects to the bag.
10. Compress bag to a football shape.
11. Push the bag between the coils. It helps to twist it once it is in there to take the normal shape again.
12. Repeat the same process on other side.
13. Cut the air lines that are connected to each bag leaving them around 4 feet long each.
14. Run the lines upwards away from the suspension/drive train components and use the zip ties that are supplied to keep them away from any moving parts.
15. Connect each of the lines from the bags to the T-connector, connect them facing one another. Be sure to put the clamps on the the lines before you connect them to the T-connector.
16. Zip tie the connector behing the pumpkin neares to the trunk. There are many places to use the zip-ties to keep it out of the way there.
17. Cut another piece roughly 4 feet long and connect it to the T-connector, again remember to put the clamp on the air line first.

This is where you need to decide where to mount your air inlet. I opted to mount in under the rear bumper on the passenger side. I believe it was the 3rd bolt from the rear tire.

18. Run the line through the under bumper cover (thats what I call it).
19. Connect the end of the air line to the air inlet (again be sure to put the clamp on the line).
20. Use the supplied nuts and washers so it takes the place of the bolt that was in place.
21. Inflate the bags and make they hold pressure by checking each connection with soapy water.
22. Deflate the bags. (I inflated and deflated them a few times).
23. Put the wheels/tires back on the car.
24. Jack car back up.
25. Remove jack stands.
26. Inflate bags to desired pressure.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ

yup. thats pretty much what i did. :s00ls:

FILE0149.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info