• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Need new tires, might as well buy new wheels... right?

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
My two front tires on the TBSS are getting pretty damn bald. They definitely need replacement before the winter months come around again. Two of my wheels are also curb rashed and the clear coat is peeling off of all the center caps. :tear: If Im putting new tires on the wheels, I want to fix them up, but Id rather just completely upgrade and keep the stockers for winter.

Big and heavy 22" chrome replicas. About $2500 for wheels/tires all said and done. (also more than I really want to spend!)
Picture481.jpg

Lightweight 20s for around $1600 with some nice summer only tires
KW-Coilovers-Complete-3-2.jpg

or these
184-2012806552.jpg

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
20s fo sure. You are setting the thing up as a 1/4 mile machine, not a Bellwood cruiser.

Thats the direction im leaning at the moment. The first pair of 20s I posted. They are 20x8.5 and weigh 23lbs each.
20060725101333_rapid.jpg

Id like to paint the drilled rotor looking thing around the edge black though.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
just get these and be done with it

7348861036324-2006-Trailblazer-SS-StreetStrip.jpg

I think bogart made those custom for him. Probably cost quite a bit too. He runs a 395 M&H drag radial in the back, truck does 9.25 @ some crazy mph. Ive got to call centerline today to see what their pricing is for the #2 wheels I posted. They are in the overstock section and you have to call for the price. Should be under $200 per wheel which is just insane. Going to run a 275 tire in all four corners.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
I think bogart made those custom for him. Probably cost quite a bit too. He runs a 395 M&H drag radial in the back, truck does 9.25 @ some crazy mph. Ive got to call centerline today to see what their pricing is for the #2 wheels I posted. They are in the overstock section and you have to call for the price. Should be under $200 per wheel which is just insane. Going to run a 275 tire in all four corners.

hell yeah thats cheap as fuck and 275's would be great all around. i had 295's out back on my Sierra :D

fat rubber FTW

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info