• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Getting Tired of the TT2's

BluBeaSSt

TCG Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Kansas City Mo
Went to the track the other night with the new set up... didn't do what I wanted at all 12.3 @ 117....with a horrid 60' and spun even in 3rd. I'm gonna have a guy set up my suspension and then gonna stop dicking around. NO MORE TT2's! Also gonna unbolt some weight from her like front/back bumper braces, Might even take the back seat out and put it in a trash bag so nothing can hurt it. But here's the look I want....

ScottProStars3.jpg

ScottProStars2.jpg

ScottProStars1.jpg

Here's what she look's like now.

168e69z.jpg

BluBeaSSt

TCG Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Kansas City Mo
i was gunna say looks like a ream mount turbo. I like the look your going for. but if i were you, i would try just a little to get it slightly lower. Its a LITTLE too high up for my liking.

Can't do, believe me...or I'd lower it an inch. The 9inch make's it where if I lower the ass at all she bangs the body really bad :(

L

logan@deansperformance

its all in how you leave...my car making 450whp would cut 1.6x 60fts on 275 nittos, stock 03 wheels...dead hooked every gear. just have to heat them up. and the MPH is there to go 11's, i would go high 11's at 115-117 all the time....

leaving on nitto's:
l_2c2fd20a78a944c59345bf53fdb12b4a.jpg

new setup:
n832770301_5843910_7992.jpg

n832770301_5843912_557.jpg

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Can't do, believe me...or I'd lower it an inch. The 9inch make's it where if I lower the ass at all she bangs the body really bad :(

I got mine on sportlines with the 9"... it can be done ;)

You can probably sell those wheels pretty easy, everyone wants those damn things.

Don't listen to this clown. :rofl: You don't want a 28" tire on your car with the times you're turning. Put a 17" MT DR on those TT2s and call it a day dooders. You'll keep the 26" diameter which is good when you're in the low 12s (not enough motor to push the 28s just yet).

Don't ditch 'em just yet. Throw $500 of rubber on the car and see where that takes ya.... I'm willing to bet you wont be sorry.

BluBeaSSt

TCG Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Kansas City Mo
I got mine on sportlines with the 9"... it can be done ;)

Don't listen to this clown. :rofl: You don't want a 28" tire on your car with the times you're turning. Put a 17" MT DR on those TT2s and call it a day dooders. You'll keep the 26" diameter which is good when you're in the low 12s (not enough motor to push the 28s just yet).

Don't ditch 'em just yet. Throw $500 of rubber on the car and see where that takes ya.... I'm willing to bet you wont be sorry.

My car has 17' ET street Radials on it

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Keep the wheels you have and get MT drag radials. You do not need those wheels and tires in the setup that you want, and in my opinion they look absolutely ridiculous on the street. My buddy is cutting a 1.6 60' with an 11.3 1/4 mile on 17" MT drag radials.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info