• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

rear caliper clearancing for 15" rims?

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
should look something like this

caliper01.jpg

caliper02.jpg

you might even have to grind more..... thats the one thing that really sucks about dropping to 15's, but if i'm not mistaken the "caliper mod" isn't need on all the wheels

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Yea, I got one side done tonight. Took about 1.5hrs including the time I spent searching the interwebs for info. Eventually just got a can of spray paint and sprayed it down and tried fitting it on. Where ever it touched I ground down again. Rinse & repeat about 8-9 times and it finally fit and was able to spin without rubbing.

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
Make sure you actually bolt the wheel up and spin it or your learn the hard way like I did the first time I ground down calipers. My calipers are ground down more then that because I wanted to use 0 spacers. But just by putting the wheel on and spinning is not accurate atleast for me it wasnt. I would recommend getting some longer ARP Wheel Studs it's cheap insurance. Enjoy your Prostars/Draglites!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info