• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Miles on your LSX base car.

asainchris

loves cigs
Feb 10, 2009
Geneva
Put in your miles and whatever problems you had since ownership. Also post what car and what motor, and if it is Auto or Manual.

2005 GTO
ls2
Manual.
35xxx

Around October I had clogged cats. Deleted the Cats, car feels very stout, and sounds 1 million times better.

(problems before i bought the car.)
Third gear grinds when i slam 3rd, or downshift to third above 3k. This happens every so often.
Forth Gear locks me out when i go threw the gears.

shockerracing.com

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 9, 2006
Dundee, IL
1998 Vette 22,xxx miles....

Completely rebuilt car!!! :bigthumb:

I can say that the oil level sensor was no good!

On the 2005 Vette LS2/6spd that I had bought brand new, the gas gauge did not work when I picked the car up. Then I had to have the trans rebuilt under warranty after fighting with the dealership. They told me that the aftermarket clutch I used voided the warranty. The trans rebuild was at around 24,xxx miles.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
02 WS6 58,000mi
LS1/M6
bought it @ 47k, reworked suspension and installed a HSW 150HP kit. Spun a rod bearing @ 57500, "fixed" it with a new forged bottom end w/ H/C. The 10 bolt was whiny and loose on the stock motor, but was basically destroyed within 250mi after getting the new motor in, "fixed" it by installing a Moser 9". Clutch pedal had the classic problem of returning properly after really romping on the car 1st-4th, fixed that w/a new clutch and slave cyl.

SilentShado

303 HP+315 ft lbs = 1 GXP with 2 bald bridgestones
Apr 3, 2009
Mchenry, IL
2007 Grand Prix GXP. 25,900 miles

Has a problem getting oil to the lifters "Dry starts"
New steering intermediate shaft
New oil pan gasket
reseal t-joint
new GXP badge on passenger door, Door now chipped "thanks dealership"
Weird hissing noise when radio is muted or turned all the way down.

We'll she's probably mad at me for beating her up :)

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
1998 Trans Am 101,000 miles and looking like this:

3508305781_f5bd217fc9_b.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info