• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

GTO intake

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Where can I get an intake for an 04 gto? Ive looked on Ebay are there frickin $300! What a rip.

Maby I can even make on. Any suggestions?

Let me find out what year the one i have is from and i'll get back to you as soon as i find out. I'm pretty sure it's an 04 intake, the "brute force" AEM style one. I have everything minus a clean filter. I have the filter but it's diiiiirtay, I would suggest cleaning it or replacing it. It's obviously used so cheap tacular... say... $161.23 exactly would pay for it. I'll get pics of it too when i get back to the crizo.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Pics of the intake i have, it IS from an 04 GTO so it'll work for ya. Missing like 2 tiny bolts and has a tiny bit of rust on the heat shield. Because of this i lower the price to $144.37 LMK if you're interested.

Also I live in Oswego so pickup is not a problem if you LMK when.

EDIT: pictures weren't showing up... :dunno:

Attachments

• PICT0021.JPG
    PICT0021.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 28
  • PICT0018.JPG
    PICT0018.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 18
  • PICT0017.JPG
    PICT0017.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 17
  • PICT0015.JPG
    PICT0015.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
W

wanablaze

Don't bother. Save your money for something else. (For that price, you can buy and underdriven crank pulley and make power without needing a retune.) If you have to, gut and port the stock airbox and use a smooth intake elbow with a ribbed silicone connector.

If you really want to make your own, search "Hardcore" on ls1gto dot com.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Bottom line is, do your research and understand what you're looking for. LS6 intakes came with MANY LS1 power plants. 01-02 f-body's had LS6 intakes, for example.

CAI's can help, but in many cases really need a tune to get the most out of them - yep, you'd be surprised what a fuel/timing table adjustment can do with a CAI ;)

BTW, there is a big difference between talking about a LS6 intake and a COLD AIR INTAKE (CAI)... not sure which the OP was referring to. GL with your search anyways.

-Eagle

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info