• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

LS me

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
5.3 truck block. What are the best budget heads to toss on. I already have a cam, will update specs on it later. Going to delete the DOD, LS7 lifters, most likely ARP the rods. But thats about it for the block itself, it's a 0 mile motor.

What's the best harness to use along with PCM?

I plan on running this setup through a 700r4, I was told I needed just a different flex plate to make that work out. Ideally 6 speed, but that won't be in the funds

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
You need a new truck water pump?
IeLxkGf.jpg

School Boy

Spray the cubic inch at it!
Mar 28, 2011
I would run a f body pan. The cam is a little big but guys run MS3 cams on 5.3s all the time with good results. 243s on your motor with probably get you around 10-10.5-1. You have a aluminium 5.3 which come with flat top pistons.

Also, i would try really hard to bite the bullet and get a 4l60e. I run the PSI Conversions harness. It fit really well and was good quality for $500. Im also running a 99+ f body PCM. I also ran the truck accessories and they fit like a glove in my mustang.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info