• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

stroker vs boost

gojo83

Regular
Jun 11, 2009
Cheyenne WY
friendly conversation turned into a back and forth debate.
Details
mine 1993 4 dr 4wd s10 blazer
5.3 l33
spun rod bearing so looking at a 4 in crank or just saying f it and polish the current crank and put different bearings in
stick the P&P 243 heads on
grab a cam from a buddy that is going to a bigger cam.
port and polish and shave the truck manifold
then stick a cable driven TB on it for the swap to work right
6l90e 4wd
since there is no LT headers for the 4wd ls blazer swap I got a lead on a local guy that loves building exhaust

buddy 2006 Avalanche
stock 5.3
looking at a mild cam and worked heads but here is the caveat... he is looking to run a STS type turbo at only like 5-8 psi

If it was a race and i did stick the 4 in crank in and 4.8 pistons would the stroker make beter power or do you think boost is the way to go on all these motors.
E85 would be the fuel and both launch in 4 hi whos setup would come out on top?

gojo83

Regular
Jun 11, 2009
Cheyenne WY
Build thread on your blazer please, I will be doing one eventually I've always wanted a turbo ls blazer

right now I am in the parts gathering stage. I have a l33 and debating the 4 in crank but after reading the turbo formula thread I am debating a single rear mount boxed turbo setup. I am also weighing the options of the 98+ brake swap or go big and get the GTO calipers off the parts gto and run 17s instead of the 15" snowflakes on it now

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
right now I am in the parts gathering stage. I have a l33 and debating the 4 in crank but after reading the turbo formula thread I am debating a single rear mount boxed turbo setup. I am also weighing the options of the 98+ brake swap or go big and get the GTO calipers off the parts gto and run 17s instead of the 15" snowflakes on it now

That L33 is fucking garbage, you should let me do you a favor and give it to me.

:s00ls:

gojo83

Regular
Jun 11, 2009
Cheyenne WY
Im not even going to lie I seriously lucked into that one. This was when I didnt know about the 5.3 potentional. I had done some research and was buying it mostly for the 719 heads to stick on the iron head lq4 I have. Then I started looking and holy shit I straight stole it for what I paid and what I got. In typical LS fashion it lost oil pressure spun a bearing guy's wife was pissed and it was her truck it came out of he just swapped it and I took it and had no idea the gold mine I lucked into. Then on top of that the 719s are basically 243s with heavier valves so now I have 2 sets cathedral port "ls2" heads I can work over and slap one on the gto and one on the blazer and see if I cant make 400+ wheel in the GTO with dual 3" cat back and stick a baby snail on the blazer and shoot for 400-600 on it.

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
Im not even going to lie I seriously lucked into that one. This was when I didnt know about the 5.3 potentional. I had done some research and was buying it mostly for the 719 heads to stick on the iron head lq4 I have. Then I started looking and holy shit I straight stole it for what I paid and what I got. In typical LS fashion it lost oil pressure spun a bearing guy's wife was pissed and it was her truck it came out of he just swapped it and I took it and had no idea the gold mine I lucked into. Then on top of that the 719s are basically 243s with heavier valves so now I have 2 sets cathedral port "ls2" heads I can work over and slap one on the gto and one on the blazer and see if I cant make 400+ wheel in the GTO with dual 3" cat back and stick a baby snail on the blazer and shoot for 400-600 on it.

Lucky bastard. I was hunting for an LQ4 or L33 when [MENTION=10801]Ti28[/MENTION] sold me the '02 frankenLS1 he had sitting around. Not gonna complain, the LS1 will do what I want or die trying. But I would have certainly been happier with the 325 for the amount of bewst and abuse is going to be fed to it. lol.

bewst > all

Boost all of the things.

turbo-all-the-things.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info