• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Busted Carrier. Now what?

I decided a month ago I'm going to do 4.10 gears. I still have the stock 10 bolt rear. In addition, I bought a rear Strano Sway, Founders LCA & relo brackets, and Founders adj. PHB.

So, I'm starting my setup, and I take off the diff cover, axles, and take out the carrier, but then I found out that the driver's side of the carrier is completely broken off! Surprisingly, I never had any issues or vibration! I did have a weird sound when I would make left powerslides (but not right), but outside of that, from 0 to 120 mph, there were no weird vibrations.

ANYWAY, I'm kind of in a dilemma. I REALLY want to get the Camaro back on the road for the summer, but if I have to drop $2800+ on a 9" or 12 bolt, I'm gonna have to wait a while...plus, this thing is taking up my garage space!

I'm looking at possibly getting an Eaton TrueTrac from Strano for $420. Are there better/cheaper options? Should I trust something from Ebay like this? 1993 2002 GM 7 5" Camaro Firebird TA Rear Differential Posi w 4 11 Gears 811 | eBay

IMG_20140506_201557_761.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• bkbroiler2k
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list