• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

GTO Code P0175

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Was driving along today minding my own business when my check engine light popped on. Ran it over to O'Reillys and had them throw the scanner on it, came back P0175: Fuel System Too Rich. This car has never thrown a code since Ive owned it, but there are a couple things to note.

1. Last monday (labor day) I changed my plugs out. Used TR55's, which is what I've been using for awhile now. Gapped them to .040, which seems to be the general consensus with the gto crowd, so thats what I went with.

2. The very next day, a bolt snapped in my shitty B&M shifter, so I've only been able to effectively use 1st, 3rd, and 5th while driving the car, cuz trying to pull back on the shifter to get into 2nd 4th or 6th just results in the shifter moving back.

Could either one (or both) of these things be causing my code? As a result of my broken shifter I've been short shifting the fuck out of the car for the past week, so maybe more fuel is being dumped in than can effectively be burned off? :dunno:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Plug misfire should bring up a system lean code with unburnt oxygen in the exh skew ing the o2
system rich means that the PCM has been pulling fuel and fuel trims is near the end of the maximum adaptive so it tells you that you're running too rich
Did it specify whick bank or is that code both banks?
old contaminated oxygen sensors can cause this, as can a dirty mass air flow sensor
Fpr leaking into a vac line..bad pressure/regulator....stucck open inj
crimped fuel return line from poor jack placement.....

If your car has over 50k and nearly 10 year old o2s I'd say its possible they are skewed to the rich side (low voltage) along with a dirty maf reading wrong....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• IDAFC21
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list