• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Modifying Tools

DynaSlim

TCG Elite Member
Aug 13, 2012
Plainfield
Just had to modify this hoist i borrowed that ended up being too short. Those spohn sub frame connectors are strong.

Anyone else got any neat things they've done to get the job done on time?

20130808_210223.jpg

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Hay slim I bet square stock isn't that expensive maybe you could have picked up a piece a foot longer than what it came with and I don't know drilled a couple holes in it and lifted the motor in a somewhat safe fashion

I need to do that. I always forget the boom is about 4" too short for a thirdgen's nose.

Half of the effort needed to pull the engine is spent on keeping the hydraulic ram from pressing into the nose of the car you lift the engine. But if the boom was just 4" longer I could avoid that risk.

The thirdgen nose is pretty damned long.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
On a gravel fucking driveway like a bauce

Shit's anti gold chainer.

This is begging to end with a front clip that's broken. I do have a stupid question for both you guys, you ever try to go over the fender? Hood clearance shouldn't be an issue since they both have em off.

Shit's sorta scary man. I do have a question, engine blow up? If so what'd you do to it?

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Shit's anti gold chainer.

This is begging to end with a front clip that's broken. I do have a stupid question for both you guys, you ever try to go over the fender? Hood clearance shouldn't be an issue since they both have em off.

Shit's sorta scary man. I do have a question, engine blow up? If so what'd you do to it?

It's difficult to over the fender if you are pulling the trans with it.

I've always managed just fine from the front. Just gotta be careful about it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info