• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Dash lights after WOT

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
So i was out and about yesterday in the Camaro. Was on Randall road, took off from a stop light and rolled into WOT, RPM's went to 6500 and when the car shifted to 2nd the brake light, low trac, ABS light and possibly something else lit up for about 2 seconds.
when i noticed the lights i let off.

car drove normally the rest of the day even under harder acceleration.
trans was smooth and no issues with shifts.

:wtf:

not enough open areas to floor it off the line so I have never noticed the lights when the car is floored ( i do not floor it in 4th gear, as to save the trans from abusive downshifts )

any ideas ? :dunno:

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
break the tires loose?

when i put my 28" slicks on my formula, the low trac, abs, and brake light come on and stay on once im over 35/40mph.. its because the front tires are a smaller diameter than the rears and spinning at different speeds so the computer freaks out and kicks all those warning lights on as it thinks something is wrong with the wheel speed sensors, abs unit, ect...

my GUESS is that you broke the tires loose and for that split second the ecm freaked out and thought something was wrong, but in reality it was fine, which is why it turned off right away.

btw, does barney have traction control? did you have that turned off when you were driving like an asshole?

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
break the tires loose?

when i put my 28" slicks on my formula, the low trac, abs, and brake light come on and stay on once im over 35/40mph.. its because the front tires are a smaller diameter than the rears and spinning at different speeds so the computer freaks out and kicks all those warning lights on as it thinks something is wrong with the wheel speed sensors, abs unit, ect...

my GUESS is that you broke the tires loose and for that split second the ecm freaked out and thought something was wrong, but in reality it was fine, which is why it turned off right away.

btw, does barney have traction control? did you have that turned off when you were driving like an asshole?

traction control was off and since i rolled into it, i didnt notice the tires breaking loose. car actually squat nicely.
i don't drive like an asshole, but what's the point if you don't get on it once in a while :jg:

Stock rear end? My camaro did that once after a downshift and quick pull. After turning the car off and back on the lights were gone and never happened again. That was with a strange s60 rear.

stock rear end with 3.73s

RossiGTP

Young Gun
Oct 23, 2008
Portage
Real Name
Cody Rossi
Before I switched from my stock 3.42 10 bolt to my current 9" I got on it a few times and the same happened to me except, I don't have traction control. The abs and low trac light did come on but went off right away and I never had a problem after that. My 94 z28 did the same thing as well a few times. Stock rear with a stalled auto with that one. Seems to be a common hiccup with these cars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info