• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Drivers side valve cover leaking. How concerned should I be?

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Bout a week ago I noticed some oil drippings in my garage. A quick check underneath saw it was coming from the rear main seal area where the trans and engine meet :ugh: but I know that i had my rear main seal replaced back in 09 when i had my ls7 clutch put in, and never saw drop 1 out of it, so I doubted that could be it. Finally crawled under the car tonight and saw that its really coming from my drivers side valve cover. Doesnt seem like its leaking a LOT right now. I wiped up the spot in my garage last week and havent noticed any new droppings since then. Failing gasket maybe? 90% of the time I drive the car like an 85 year old, so its not like its constantly beat on.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
They are easy to overtighten, just give them like a half turn, wait a day and do it again.

I had this problem with mine, ended up replacing the gasket which is super easy and not that expenaive.

89-106 IN lbs... that is nothing... tighten from inside out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info