• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

T/A intakes

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
so there is so much bull shit on lstech, i figured i would post here and get the idea from the guys here, plenty of heavy hitters here and just looking for your opinions...

i have a 98 t/a: lq4, tspV2, PRC 2.5 5.3L heads, flt level 4, SS3600, 85mm intake and TB (professional Products) and full bolt ons... im thinking about possibly switching out my intakes. the car is a DD and sees limited track time, but plenty of street abuse. would it be money well spent to switch to a FAST 92/102 combo, or some other intake? im not looking to spend $1500 on only a few hp, but if i can get a substantial difference per dollar, ill swap it out....what's your opinion on this?

don't go suggesting turbo kit, im not ready for that yet...but, it will happen at some point, just not right now. :hsugh:

Formula_LS1

Addict
Sep 27, 2008
If you are willing to spend the money and do it right the first time, it can be worth it IMO. Here is a graph from my car...went from a LS6 intake with a stock TB ported to the max to a ported FAST 90 and NW TB...

c1aaca1f.jpg

...cam only car with UNTOUCHED 853 heads.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
If you truly are going boost later then just stick with the ls6 intake. Reason being is that the fast intakes have been known to leak under boost whereas the ls6 intake hold great. If you are staying NA and throwing a shot on it then i'd say its well worth it to get some more ponies out of your setup.

School Boy

Spray the cubic inch at it!
Mar 28, 2011
I have seen a cam only ls1 car pick up 32rwhp over a ls1 intake with a fast 92/92. Im not saying thats normal but in opinion it is well worth the money for a 92/92 set up. But like willizm said, go with a ls6 if you want to throw some boost at it. The fast will leak because of its 2 piece design.

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
i currently have a professional products (typhoon) 85mm intake and matching throttle body installed (the only mod that the car had when i bought it) so i was just wondering if it was worth it to spend the extra money on upgrading to something different...?

as far as boosting it, that won't be for AT LEAST a year. i plan on spraying it this season, then might re-do the setup next winter or the one after. it all depends on what happens baby wise this year, since that will take plenty of my time and money if it happens.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info