• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Spun bearing?

DynaSlim

TCG Elite Member
Aug 13, 2012
Plainfield
When i installed motor i wasn't sure which way the stock 153 tooth went on. Maybe if I'm lucky that's it. Pulled belts still had squeak. Once i get some time maybe Saturday, I'll drain the pan and see. Had a valve cover off but everything looked normal & no metal savings up there. The squeak isn't very consistent its only at idle but it also won't idle normal, i have to give it little throttle to keep it from dying and when it dies its some what struggles to start up. When it first happened i had to put a wrench on the starter and jump the battery to get it fired.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
you couldnt tell which side of the flexplate had the underhead bolt marking only around the holes, and which side had the large flat contact pattern of the crank?

the flexplate has indents for the converter bolts/feet and i doubt you woulda been able to bolt it up to it...

what your describing sounds like the mains are gone

DynaSlim

TCG Elite Member
Aug 13, 2012
Plainfield
Yeah I'm leaning to the unfortunate destruction of the Mains. Well there's my winter project that'll be sitting till tax refunds if i get any. Looking for beater car now so i can stop begging for rides to work. Also applying for rental house. This is one brutal way to end the year but could be start of much bigger things next season.

I'll update what i find Saturday when i drain the pan with a magnet.

DynaSlim

TCG Elite Member
Aug 13, 2012
Plainfield
Thanks. Maybe i should have called you over when i put it on. Only thing i thought was the weight thing had to go on the inside. No other way to tell. Think a stock converter would balloon at high RPMs? I didn't get to mess with car today. Very busy at work with the pineapple express storm and shallow ricers barges running a land. The overtime pay will be helpful tho.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info